بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Animal lover

I remember once Dr. Hussein was telling us the diagnosis for a certain infection.. haha I forgot the title. Fine I'll scrounge for my notes in the morning. Anyway, as usual we have serological study, blood cultures bla3 and last but not least inoculation into animal.

Usually any professor will just mention "mycobacterium leprosy into banded armadillo" and begone with it, but Dr. Hussein was different.

He mentioned the bacteria and the animal inoculated (guinea pigs I think), and then he stressed how overdone the procedure is. How he is against us using animals inoculation and we shouldn't be doing it. Poor cute souls inoculated just for a confirmed diagnosis.

He spent close to a minute to get that message across. I grinned wider and noted him. That day was 34 weeks ago. A summer class not in the usual hall but in Dr. Saeed Gomaa's usual hall instead. Sir had three caped pens lined up in his shirt pocket. It was amusing. Why would anyone need three pens lined up in his shirt pocket?

One of my favourite thing to do, if you haven't figure out by now, is to analyse him.

No comments:

Haru & Associates