We don't have time. That thing is not ours. We're going to die anytime anywhere and if we live with the mindset that we have time, we're never going to do things according to priority.
When you lived far away from your family, you will learn to appreciate them more. When you realise how good they have been to you all this life, you're going to want to celebrate them when you can.
That is why I am going back to kampung for the annual event Ateh is organising to gather everyone in the family. Any other events that coincide with the date can just go screw themselves. Because no one gathers at kampung after Atuk and Opah passed away in 2010 unless Ateh organises this annual event. Because it's only once a year I get to meet everyone in the same setting. They're not important people, they're family. I don't know what that means to you.
Arguing with people who value things differently is moot and endless. I cannot and will not force you to value what I value. And this makes me want to throw things and kick balls to the wall.

No comments:
Post a Comment