Dad has been vivaing people here and there lately. It's part of his work description but I'm feeling the brunt of it now that I am back home. He comes home and shower me with questions like "describe me the iron metabolism" or ask me the differentials for a lab report and more than anything suggestions to study certain topics.
When I answered him and followed through with asking why was he asking me all this, his answers will be along the line of "today I discussed this with the medical student/HO/master student". I know but I still ask. It's a great way to distract him from asking me anything further.
I'm grateful for him. But frankly I am impartial. I want to do something medically related but at the same time I don't want to have anything to do with medicine. I've sharpened my brain enough to the level of completing Hannibal's psychoanalysis (it's just a one time thing but I'm still going to brag. But if it keeps going I'll be scared of my own sociopathy.) but it isn't balanced by anything physical...
Yeah, writing this makes me realise that's probably why I'm so out of it. I need to go out and take super long walks.
On an unrelated note, I am a jerk who periodically stood people up. If being sorry for it makes people assume there won't ever be a repeat of this stint, then I guess I am not sorry and I never was. I have no excuse for my inconveniently-timed periodic need to be a recluse. Still alive and observing but that's about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment