بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Makino

Plots are sometimes built around a lower-class girl for some reason finds herself in a crowd of higher-class people. There will be conflict and mixed reactions to her, whereby some will welcome her, some will be indifferent, and some will resent her because they couldn't feel.. what we call in Malay as "kebersamaan" with her. By the law of society she isn't supposed to be with them and should go back to her cliques.

The poor girl will either succumb to the not-so-subtle hints and go back to face the poverty with her people, or she could do whatever she wants so long she doesn't piss the rest of everyone there. She will keep a low-profile either way because she is, in the first place, trying to survive. One may see her as resilient, one may see her as shameless.

I learn this from literatures. I see this live in Surgery. And being from one of the original "higher-class people", I get the luxury of observing as the story unfolds seeing as I can justify each reactions. If I run her off, I'll be seen as unsympathetic because I'm not in her poor state. But to welcome her.. It is a fact that the "law of society" is there for a reason and I won't deny I see her as misplaced.

So when in doubt, ignore. Haha. Yeah, I am cold. But I do not resent. It is too strong of an emotion.

Truly, your own reasonings and decision define who you are. Now I really understand how we learned from the Prophet's history that "orang kaya yang tawadhu' adalah lebih baik dari orang miskin yang bersabar."

And as I am a doctor-in-training, our profession's saying of "to cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always" does come in mind in this situation.

No comments:

Haru & Associates