بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Join Me Cliff-jumping

One day, I want to jump off a cliff and swim back to shore.


Preferably in this life, but I wouldn't mind if I only manage to tick this one off in the next. After all, this is only a worldly gain. There are too many important stuffs to do and accomplish in this life. Allah placed me in this world for a reason, and once I have accomplished all that Allah wanted from me, maybe I can pursue this kind of exhilarating stuffs.




Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and earth, and the alternation of the night and the day, and the [great] ships which sail through the sea with that which benefits people, and what Allah has sent down from the heavens of rain, giving life thereby to the earth after its lifelessness and dispersing therein every [kind of] moving creature, and [His] directing of the winds and the clouds controlled between the heaven and the earth are signs for a people who use reason.
(Surah Al-Baqarah verse 164)


Granted, He did create the cliff and that beautiful blue water for us.. but not for mere worldly enjoyment. Life is not a simple run off the cliff, soar through the sky with adrenaline pulsating through your veins and land loudly into the cool water. A feeling like no other. The best feeling you could ever imagine. 


No. But these kinds of grace are for us to appreciate His Greatness and to remember Him, for us to be grateful to Him. And for us to reflect how insignificant we truly are without Him, to be reminded of who is The Ultimate Creator of all these and what is it that He wanted when He made us who we are where we are.



And [yet], among the people are those who take other than Allah as equals [to Him]. They love them as they [should] love Allah . But those who believe are stronger in love for Allah . And if only they who have wronged would consider [that] when they see the punishment, [they will be certain] that all power belongs to Allah and that Allah is severe in punishment.
(Surah Al-Baqarah verse 165)


The world is not the retreating place for a Muslim. Tired is the nature of a daie.


I am still trying to place "lillah" as the reason for when I'm exhausted, but you know me.. There's still reason for hope though. Rabbi zidnal ikhlas.

No comments:

Haru & Associates