I have this white teddy bear with Christmas motif on his jumpsuit that my late Grandpa Jamil gave to me when I was two years old. The motif is faded now, but teddy is in a good condition considering he is nearing 20 years old now.
Originally he was at home among other teddies. But when I came back home during 2011 evacuation, I noticed several scissor marks on him which wasn't there the last time I saw him. This one is too sentimentally valuable and I could not risk Maru's budding chopping-heads-off-toys stage. Aghast, I packed him in my luggage for Cairo.
And that was how he ended up with me.
I never named him. Simply address him as "teddy bear Hana yang atuk bagi" all this time but when I showed him to Umair, she took it upon herself to name him Tahir.
Tahir.
There is no way I'm letting that name stuck. I blurted out the first name I can think of and now he is named Kevin.
Kevin doesn't have a last name, nor any namesake. Despite naming him on the spur, I really couldn't recall any Kevin worthy to be immortalized in the form of my beloved bear.
But I kinda saw Kevin Durant ever since that OKC Thunder game against Dallas Mavs when he finished the game with an impressive Mitsui Approved 3-pointer™ :P
![]() |
| Meet Kevin. |
Originally he was at home among other teddies. But when I came back home during 2011 evacuation, I noticed several scissor marks on him which wasn't there the last time I saw him. This one is too sentimentally valuable and I could not risk Maru's budding chopping-heads-off-toys stage. Aghast, I packed him in my luggage for Cairo.
And that was how he ended up with me.
I never named him. Simply address him as "teddy bear Hana yang atuk bagi" all this time but when I showed him to Umair, she took it upon herself to name him Tahir.
Tahir.
There is no way I'm letting that name stuck. I blurted out the first name I can think of and now he is named Kevin.
![]() |
| Kevin content despite bullied by me, such a doll. |
![]() |
| Kevin waving at the camera as he makes friend with Roy the Roommate's many bears. |
For a 21 years old, I think it is too girlish to have a childhood teddy bear laying around so I wanted to pierce his left ear to make him appear more gangsterish, manly and macho. I consulted a few people whether one-eared piercing is permissible in Islam and apparently it is not, as it resembled people denounced by Islam.
So his left ear is saved and I went back to Malaysia that summer to get both my ears pierced instead.
![]() |
| Kevin and his Anakku floppy-eared pink bunny hat, bought at UBM booth for LE5. |
![]() |
| Kevin after a fitful night of sleeping through the summer heat. |
Kevin doesn't have a last name, nor any namesake. Despite naming him on the spur, I really couldn't recall any Kevin worthy to be immortalized in the form of my beloved bear.
But I kinda saw Kevin Durant ever since that OKC Thunder game against Dallas Mavs when he finished the game with an impressive Mitsui Approved 3-pointer™ :P






2 comments:
haha!
Kevin Richardson BSB. You knew this but you forgot. I still don't understand why Kevin is Kevin.
Post a Comment