This post is dedicated to the other two housemates who missed last night's fun, ngehehe.
There were only four of us instead of the full-house six but that didn't stop us from a night out celebrating housemate's 1st June birthday. Add another friend along and Mori Sushi, Maadi, here we come.
38 pieces. But I ate 15 because it was my dinner while the others already ate prior to leaving the house. #excuses #elephant
The Hoso Maki are nothing fancy nor adventurous, totally basic and safe for the sissy-tummied. They look like lemang but taste better. It's like eating rice with some vinegar for taste and fried prawn (ebi tempura) (LE23 for 6 pieces) and fish eggs (caviar) (LE21 for 6 pieces)on the side.
Kani is crabstick (LE17 for 6 pieces).
That said, nobody eats out what they can make at home. At least I don't. And we've got no seaweed at home and I don't trust seafood around where I live to actually be fresh. Thus the ebi tempura was a delight.
This was my second time eating fish eggs, first was at First Season Hotel at the end of 2011. When I was growing up, I never wanted to eat fish eggs because they were tiny and I imagined they will still be intact when they pass into my gut. And hatch inside my stomach. My stomach will then explode from the growing size of baby fishes.
Kids have wild imagination. They actually tasted nothing.
Housemates shared New Style Rainbow Roll (LE38 for 4 pieces) and the birthday girl had a hard time to swallow her piece down. There was salty cream cheese in the middle of the roll.
(-_-)' That's all I have to say.
Pink Panther (LE35 for 4 pieces) was a standard order for the Malay community, I suppose. The friend even order 4 pieces to takeaway for her housemate. I had this the last time I came here and I concluded then that this roll was good, but the taste was not memorable.
Every time I came here I will have this stuff on the table. Talk about loyalty :P Basically New Hot Roll was tuna roll fried in tempura batter cut into half. Served with teriyaki sauce, mayonnaise and sweet soy sauce on top of heaps of fried Chinese vermicelli. Totally Malay-stomach friendly. LE35 for 6 pieces.
To quench their thirst, the girls shared Kiwi Mori Lemon (LE22) and Kak Amal had a glass of Tropical Ice (LE24) which was a blend of fruits predominantly banana. A coffee addict myself, later I ran off to Costa for their Mocha frap instead. (A 23oz mocha frap was justifiable since my last crack was three months ago, hehe.)
All prices are exclusive of the 12% service charges. The place was full at night and alhamdulillah we managed a table, but the more than half hour wait for our food was rather torturous on my empty stomach, huhu.
Only pretentious people try to study in places like this. It was, needless to say, a vain attempt. Happy 23rd birthday, housemate. May Allah bless you, Egypt and us all.
There were only four of us instead of the full-house six but that didn't stop us from a night out celebrating housemate's 1st June birthday. Add another friend along and Mori Sushi, Maadi, here we come.
38 pieces. But I ate 15 because it was my dinner while the others already ate prior to leaving the house. #excuses #elephant
| From left: New Style Rainbow Roll, Pink Panther, Hoso Ebi Tempura Maki, Hoso Kani Maki, Hoso Caviar Maki |
The Hoso Maki are nothing fancy nor adventurous, totally basic and safe for the sissy-tummied. They look like lemang but taste better. It's like eating rice with some vinegar for taste and fried prawn (ebi tempura) (LE23 for 6 pieces) and fish eggs (caviar) (LE21 for 6 pieces)on the side.
Kani is crabstick (LE17 for 6 pieces).
That said, nobody eats out what they can make at home. At least I don't. And we've got no seaweed at home and I don't trust seafood around where I live to actually be fresh. Thus the ebi tempura was a delight.
This was my second time eating fish eggs, first was at First Season Hotel at the end of 2011. When I was growing up, I never wanted to eat fish eggs because they were tiny and I imagined they will still be intact when they pass into my gut. And hatch inside my stomach. My stomach will then explode from the growing size of baby fishes.
Kids have wild imagination. They actually tasted nothing.
Housemates shared New Style Rainbow Roll (LE38 for 4 pieces) and the birthday girl had a hard time to swallow her piece down. There was salty cream cheese in the middle of the roll.
(-_-)' That's all I have to say.
Pink Panther (LE35 for 4 pieces) was a standard order for the Malay community, I suppose. The friend even order 4 pieces to takeaway for her housemate. I had this the last time I came here and I concluded then that this roll was good, but the taste was not memorable.
| New Hot Roll |
Every time I came here I will have this stuff on the table. Talk about loyalty :P Basically New Hot Roll was tuna roll fried in tempura batter cut into half. Served with teriyaki sauce, mayonnaise and sweet soy sauce on top of heaps of fried Chinese vermicelli. Totally Malay-stomach friendly. LE35 for 6 pieces.
To quench their thirst, the girls shared Kiwi Mori Lemon (LE22) and Kak Amal had a glass of Tropical Ice (LE24) which was a blend of fruits predominantly banana. A coffee addict myself, later I ran off to Costa for their Mocha frap instead. (A 23oz mocha frap was justifiable since my last crack was three months ago, hehe.)
All prices are exclusive of the 12% service charges. The place was full at night and alhamdulillah we managed a table, but the more than half hour wait for our food was rather torturous on my empty stomach, huhu.
![]() |
| Community Medicine written final exam this Monday. I'm holy screwed. |
Only pretentious people try to study in places like this. It was, needless to say, a vain attempt. Happy 23rd birthday, housemate. May Allah bless you, Egypt and us all.


No comments:
Post a Comment