بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, March 02, 2022

look who picked me up

I was walking to work per usual istighfaring because I have nothing but resentment in me. Passed the large bin, walked onto the road to avoid a puddle when I saw from the corner of my eyes a white car stopped beside me and pulled the window down.

I saw it was a male smiling at me and I thought it was my surgeon probably questioning why am I walking to work. So I turned to face the person and I freezed.

"Hey Tiqah!"

Propped out through the window was the sunshine. Arm on the window still with the happiest face I saw that week. The familiar wavy hair and the familiar smile. His cheeks fuller than the last time I saw him in January 2020 though, I guess he does diet only intermittently. 

He looked so happy.. to see me? I was stunned. Why?

"Masuk la." He grinned. 

"Hey." I hadn't had my coffee and wasn't as hyper as he was. I was lucky to have worn a mask and then I remembered to smile. 

Yesterday he suddenly texted me asking when will I be in HTA because he just started his 3 weeks rotation here before going to HKL. I remember replying cheerily that I'll be sure to take up his offer of free lunch. But I didn't expect to actually see him because we both know we are fucking harmless flirt. 

"Jom la." He gestured to his car, motioning that he was holding the traffic up. 

I hesitated. The door closest to me was the back door and should I just get in there? But this is not a taxi driver. This is the guy I really like. Liked. Who knows. 

I went around the car and got into his passenger seat. 

--

First thing I did was glance at him. Yup, that's him. He had a really nice watch on. Wearing a scrub shirt with his name embroidered. And then I turned to see if the car has a sunroof. Yup, sunroof present. White Kia Rio with a sunroof, plate number... I never remember. Raya 2017 he actually made me memorise this. 

"Kau still guna kereta lama kau."

"Yup."

He asked me where did I stay. "Nearby. 10 minutes walk je."

I then asked him isn't he late still driving at 7.30am and what time he clocks in. 

"8 pagi la." 

"Straight to your station? Takde passover?" 

"Haah. Kau?" 

"7.30am. I think."

"Jadi kau dah lambat la. Tak merah ke punch card kau?" 

"Surgeon aku suruh be in ward by 7.30am but senior aku punch in 8 plus. And tak pernah pun punch card aku merah though aku punch in around 7.45am."

Why am I talking about work????? I changed the subject. "How's life? Seronok duduk KL?" 

"Okay je." He laughed. 

I wanted to ask if he found a hobby yet but I was such a lame soul. He asked me why didn't I drive so I told him I haven't gotten around to get the access card for parking yet and I ended not bothering with it. 

He asked where should he drop me off. I was thinking of getting off when he parked and we catch the lift together but I think he was concerned that I was late to punch in. He asked of main lobby is okay. Main lobby is good. 

I pulled out my phone. "Selfie jom. I wanna send to Savinder." Not exactly, it was for my sake. I just felt like I probably won't see him again. 

"Gelap!" He then turned the lights on. And I pulled my mask off. And we smiled into the camera and he suggested I get off fast, fearing holding up traffic. But the picture came out blurry. 

"Sorry gotta reshoot. Gegar."

"Gegar la dah kau nervous!" 

I almost uprolled my eyeballs with a quip "Don't flatter yourself." Dude hasn't changed, still knows I like him and fucking feeding on it, jokingly or not. 

It turned out well. I got off and thanked him. Later I sent the pic to Savinder and a copy to him, wishing him a good day.

I wasn't late to work at all. In fact, springing to work. Should have gave him my Essenso 2 in 1. 

No comments:

Haru & Associates