Hitherto, the reckoning of having to leave prematurely due to the current pandemic never ceased to linger. Its inevitable and I have to come to terms with reality.
November marked the end of a memorable 5 months in enchanting state of Sabah. She is like a graceful lady and I have to admit I fell for her demeanour.
Time, the essence of the remarkable solitude and fortitude with mother nature was spent with great satisfaction. Never have I imagined that I was bestowed with the privilege of time to trot around in a rugged, sturdy 4 wheel machine, manoeuvring around steep and precarious slopes, muddy terrains and shallow riverine. The notion of being immersed in the wilderness has never been enthralling. Mountains rose majestically taking its desired position, juxtaposed perpetually , forming stark hues of greens, captivating the bemused eyes.
Pristine rivers cleaved through the deep valleys, intertwined, tantalizing those from afar. Dense rainforest coloured the mountain range vivid green, mists scattered haphazardly, and the pleasant melodies of the birds are deeply engrossing. Its intriguing that this land is blessed with myriad of geographical wonders, appeasing to those who are incessantly smitten by its beauty. Its bemusing and the call to explore the wilderness is quite irresistible.
Nevertheless, Sabah is no home, but it offers the comfort akin to home. Its a place befitting to be called home. An overwhelming feeling of disillusionment and dispirited harbours, having to part with a place that is fondly reminisce, realising how it will be envisaged upon my return back home.

No comments:
Post a Comment