بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Friday, November 13, 2020

4d3n kk kb kudat km sdk kundasang kk

First day period today so I was extra snappy. On the drive to RDC I apologised to Luqman for being snappy yesterday and in advance anticipating I'll be irritable and as he put it "emotionally handicapped" today.

He said he didn't realise nor care that I was snappy yesterday. I told him I apologised for my sake. Meaning for me to feel better about myself disillusioned that I'm a good person. He said he is good at reading people so I asked him what he read about me. He wouldn't say. Whateve idiot. 

Anyhow snippets from the drive today. I was speeding and cleared 240 km in 3.5 hours, plus pre Ranau was downpouring so I had to go 60km/h. Sandakan to Checkpoint was 30 minutes, CP to Sapi Nangoh was 30, Sapi to Telupid another 30. I tolerated his slow pop music for the first 2.5 hour of the drive but it was raining and I was getting more tired. 

Don't you have anything more upbeat?
I listen to trance music only when I'm in a trance. What do you want? 
Whatever as long as upbeat. Ko-
I don't listen to Korean. 
Fine whatever upbeat then. 
I chose something mainstream. 
What the. Ariana Grande of all thing?
I don't listen to this, this is mainstream. 
Ahh play Love Scenario please. Just give me this one. It's already playing in my head. 
Love Scenario... iKON is it? 
Yeah that one. 

Atiqah quietly singing to Love Scenario with subtle shoulder move while manoeuvring Old Man. 

---

I told him the dream I had on the night before we departed. I was driving the Old Man along a hilly road, winding and steep and we swerved down into the river in the valley. 

Did we survive?
We did, though it was a long drop. 
That's why it's a dream. 
The Old Man didn't though. I remember being busy finding a replacement car. 
Between you or the Old Man dead, I'd rather you die. 
... That's good to know. I laughed but I did feel a bit hurt. And for a second there I thought maybe it's better should I die too. Just for a second. 
I just need to bury you. For the Old Man I'd have to fix it and I don't have the cash for it. 

---

We had a clear Akinabalu with a length of cloud underneath it and the orangey sunset hue. I was excited.

Get a picture now please! 
Why should I?
Take a picture Luqmannn. I was driving along a hill road and trying to take a picture and this bastard not helping. I'm going to endanger me- us! 
It's just a mountain. 
It's a mountain yeah but it's not just a mountain!
You're taking this too seriously. 
Take it laaa dude you're not a good henchman. 
Fine. I'm doing this just to stop you nagging. 
Thanks. I told you I'll be snappy today. 
He struggled. Fuck it I'm just going to enjoy the view. 

After a few seconds. 

It really is majestic. 
It is! I've been driving here many times but I've never get this orange sky with clear Aki post rain. 
It's just a view. 
It's not just a view! 


No comments:

Haru & Associates