بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Sunday, October 18, 2020

hand at fishing

This evening Luqman invited to go see sunset. There were him and Mizah and we fed a bunch of fishes Starbucks croissant and I had some of his coffee. It tasted like smoke and my throat felt dry.

I don't think I'll ever take up smoking. 

We went to the edge of the jetty admiring the sunset along a group of anglers. I walked up to a lady to see what she had fished. And then to her group of friends. The guy was friendly and we chatted how the fishes eat chicken liver because "ikan-ikan di sini pernah terluka jadi mereka makan hati" legit and he let me had a go at fishing.

So I stood there with my borrowed rod and admired the setting sun, praying maybe a fish will fall for me. 

I looked around and saw Mizah and Luqman where I left them. And later they were walking around. 

Yeah so I easily ditched them and easily chatted up with some stranger. I surmised that

1- I am more comfortable talking to strangers because that's what strangers are. You say hi, bid goodbye and never see each other again. Such short period thus warrant easy and light interaction. I'm here for a short time, not a long time. 

2-  If I walk with even number of friends, I am most likely to ditch them and be alone. It happened in Switzerland, it happened in Paris, it happened in Spain. So it definitely will happen on local ground. 

Why do I do that? 

I didn't catch anything of course. 

No comments:

Haru & Associates