بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Bias at its best

My colleague and I went to menghadap Abengoh Azrul one of our senior MOs for his signature for our logbook. He is known to viva houseman before endorsing his signature, but I was planning to get him sign my logbook for free. One time when the three of us were in the OT, Pofin joked that I broke my spectacle during Surgery posting because I was running after Dr. Helmi for his signature (it was a joke. I broke it running when a patient desaturated.) Dr. Azrul then said "kalau macam tu, meh aku sign buku kau bila-bila" proud at my enthusiasm, though I did tell him Pofin was joking.

I was holding to his words. The first time I got his signature was right before I need to hand in my logbook for Spine Team assessment. I was running late to hand it in but I need one more signature, someone beside Poknik and Rahman, and so I ran to the clinic and plopped down beside Dr. Azrul.

"Dr. Azrul. Saya perlukan tanda tangan please. Satu je. Nak hantar logbook ke Mr. Shuk sekarang. Please."

I was gasping from running. Dr. Azrul looked at me suspiciously.

"Bertenang, tarik nafas."

The signature I needed was for a DFU case I clerked during my tagging period, which was a good three months ago. Haha.

"Dah lambat. Please boss." Like the shameless little sister I am, I call people boss only when I need something from them. Dr. Pije in front of him was laughing at me.

"Bertenang, tarik nafas."

Then he coolly signed my book. I thanked him and ran off to find Mr. Shuk who was in the next room, hahaha. After that I came back to sit beside Dr. Azrul and hang out with him and Dr. Pije.

So today, there he was vivaing Pofin hip dislocation while I periodically interrupt their viva session to point out where I need him to sign on my logbook. Then Pofin and I went for our assessment with our specialist.

Only later did I realise Pofin was the only one he vivaed but it was only my logbook that he signed. I pointed this out to Pofin and all he could say was "tahu takpe. Aku tak dapat sampai sudah. Menciii."

Bwahaha. Indeed Dr. Azrul is a man of his word. I guess I owe a lot of people lunch.

No comments:

Haru & Associates