Sir was surrounded by other students after class. I stalled for a while debating whether to wait to greet him or not. I don't want to impose, so I went straight out for Dhuha prayer instead.
It was a very chilly 9am and prova was scheduled to start in an hour. I stared at the street just staring at passersby and came upon Dr. Magdi Ibrahim our O&G professor walking in front of me. I thought of going up to him and introducing myself as his student two years ago and thanking him, but I simply observed him and didn't get up from the bench I was sitting on.
I remembered I haven't send in my syahadah asliyyah, so I prepared the documents and went to Syuun Tullab to have it settled. As I walked near, I saw a familiar old professor walking towards the Physiology building. He was the head of Physiology department when we were first years and he taught Kidney Physiology in my class. I remembered how clear his teaching was and I liked his awesome smirk the most, but his name didn't register.
He looked older but healthy nevertheless. I smiled and greeted him with a "Assalamualaikum sir, how are you?"
He greeted me back plus the smirk I was most amused of.
On my way out of the campus after prova, I walked pass the Anatomy building and saw Dr. Shen walking towards the professors' parking space carrying with him a bouquet of flowers. I stopped in my track. He was looking straight on and I observed his neutral side features. It felt weird not to see him with a bright smile.
As I stalled and other students walked pass me, Dr. Shen had already walked pass my path. If I were to greet him, I'd have to deviate from my path to catch up with him. I decided to stop and observe him as he made his way and entered his car. Walking behind him was a group of ladies carrying centerpiece of flowers and I deduced he had a conference of some sort at LRC, since this morning I saw an errand boy carrying that same centerpiece.
The last time I saw Dr. Shen on campus, I went hyper like a puppy. But I have realised my respect for him is at par to my respect for our syuyukh and it felt wrong to go hyper on him, Dr. Hussein too. I didn't oath my love and respect for Dr. Shen for nothing. He's exactly like a dear ikhwah to me.
And maybe after daily seeing Dr. Hussein, I have somewhat calmed down in general.
I continued my walk towards the main gate.
---
This evening, as I reflected upon my day, I wondered why I didn't make extra effort to greet my doctors. Tomorrow and the day after are weekdays. Sunday to Tuesday I'm going to Sinai with my family and there goes my morning classes.
I don't know when will I have the chance to catch Dr. Magdi again. Dr. Shen will be at the graduation but he'll be busy surrounded by my many other colleagues. Apart from the graduation, I'm only going to see Dr. Hussein in his class on Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday.
And Monday will be my last day in Egypt.. until next time. I'm definitely spending Monday going from one department to another, greeting.

1 comment:
Balik Malaysia with proud, Atiqah. Kamu punya catatan ni alive. You will not die missing Nile, believe me.
Post a Comment