بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Six Apples A Day

Pak Cik Hafiz came by just now. He is a family friend from our time in Australia. 15 years really does change people physically. They've a son of my age and that Hamizan kid didn't speak Malay one bit when I last saw him in Johor, probably around five years ago I'm not sure. But he eats like a Malay I'm sure, he was then teaching one kid how to suck the fat off a cow's bone using a straw.


His visit triggered back the fondness of Brisbane :)


Earlier that day, I baked an apple pie. Now I was never the fancy domestic person, plus I barely eat whatever I cook myself but the pie was an exception. Perhaps it was a mistake, because I end up going on hyper-drive all day and plopped down dead suddenly later at night.

Afternoon I had to rush across the city so you bet I wouldn't have time to hang around. Then took the kids to mom's workplace for the Aidilfitri celebration. This time around, I didn't need to buy some of food I wanted to eat. Laksam, soto, tapai.. all that came from open houses ;)

Mom told us that Daud Su and Piya came before us and Maru was uber excited; asking what clothes they were wearing ("Baju belang hitam kelabu, jeans"), did she get a picture with them ("Mama amik, tapi ada dalam kamera kawan mama"), can he see the picture ("Ada dalam kamera kawan mama la"), when can the picture be developed ("Kamera kawan mama la Maru!"), can he take a picture with them ("Diorang dah balik la Maru ni, makan habis dulu")

I was merely observing while slurping my soto. I don't get the kid's excitement over "Daun sup" and "Piyah" until mom and dad later told the perplexed me that those two were Kelantan footballers.

Now how would I know that?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bila uncle hafiz dtg?

Haru said...

hari ika tulis tu la, rabu. dia visiting lecturer kat UMK. dia je datang.

Haru & Associates