Last year our maternal grandparents passed away; both when I was in Egypt and during exam period. 2010 was exceptionally hard and I wasn’t tough enough so yeah, it sucked. It changed me somehow, unfortunately for the worse. I have only myself to blame for.
Anyway, back to the topic. Last year's summer we went back to our village in Beruas, Perak. While the rest of us camped at Ateh’s house, me and my mom went down to our grandparents’ house. No one was there, and the emptiness brought mom to tears and me felt hollow inside.
So I told my mom, “When* I get married, can I have it here?” So that the place will be lively again, so that this special home won’t be another vacant empty space. It used to be filled with us running around chasing chubby cousins for a cuddle and aunties preparing meals while uncles smoked (urgh, when will they repent?) over coffee. It was a happy place.
I want it to still be a happy place.
Mom doesn’t share my sentiment though. She said it’ll be more work for her. I still got time to change her mind, no biggies.
* The usage of 'When' is indicative of my confidence that that day will arrive, hehe.

1 comment:
when the time is here, u shud provide me tickets or transports eh to go there~ :D
Post a Comment