And according to Dei, art is a bang. The feelings you get from listening to a particular song dictates how high of a quality it was made with; how much feeling was poured into and the hard work that entailed.
You don’t even have to understand the words to enjoy it; it could be complete gibberish to your ears but what sneaks into your heart is what counts. Like dealing with a stranger in a foreign language, the message will come across eventually despite the boundary of different language and vocabularies.
And because we all felt differently, thus the wide range of genre available for our heart’s preference.
The only reason I keep a copy of CN Blue's Love Girl is because their jamming is soft enough to not be at my level of liking and hard enough to dictate me as a secular person compared to people around me. I live with good people in a good surrounding; when the phone blast with jamming, we all know whose call that was for.
I refrain from listening to it though. It is obviously a sappy love song, a somewhat upgraded rendition of puppy-sick I love you; not my type. And I don’t even need to look up its lyric translation to know this. I feel sickly drowned by someone's PDA already from first time listening to it.
Above all, I have been looping to Tatsuya Ishii’s River. He sings wonderfully, so the man rendered Japanese Elton John. Just the right drawl, the correct emphasis, the timely rhythm.
Listening to it leaves me with a mixed feeling of longing, hope and just a tinge of angst. It fits right in when you’re feeling sort of a lost cause. And when I looked up the lyric translation, it keyed in and locked itself in my favourite list.

No comments:
Post a Comment