بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

older kids can go with 3mm. babies probably 2mm but we very rarely graft babies they heal fast most of the time

We were doing SSG. My first SSG since almost 2 years. I missed skinning people haha. Anyhow few snippets from OT today.

---

I posted the case and Alex asked who's going to do the case. I said Mr Fadli or Ms Aini. He asked again which MO was going to do the case, why would a surgeon do the case? I said the surgeons want to come. Makes me admire those days when the surgeons let us do whatever we wanted. I learned SSG from senior MO at that time. 

Alex asked how long will the SSG take place. Well usually SSG takes at least 2 hours but we have another baby KIV to post and I don't want Alex to not call this case. So I bluffed and said "about an hour?" 

"One hour my foot" was what the old man replied hahahaha. 

---

Me and Da Jun were questioning my surgeon. After two times stating her stand she said "I know what I'm doing" and I almost laughed. Poor her why la her senior MOs like this.

---

The mesher wasn't sharp. It made marks on the graft but it didn't go through. Such a hassle making nets by hand. Bila ni last sekali guna mesher? 

---

I burned the bleeders and then debrided some slough that was left and everyone paused because they couldn't implant the donor skin when I wasn't done. Alex stared at me.

"Everyone is staring at you."

I didn't even look up. "Continue staring. Might want to take a picture it'd last longer."

---

I subconsciously hummed to Tchaikovsky violin concerto while suturing. But then I got bored and offered the needle holder to Meryem.

"Yem sambung."

"Tak mau." She said tonelessly. 

She was first to scrub in but I felt like I took over the case from her. Yeah I did hahaha from debriding to setting the dermatome thickness (I told my surgeon it's 3mm but she said 2mm so we went with that but after the first graft I told her it's too thin so we set back the dermatome to 3mm see I know what I'm doing) to choosing the skin carrier to grafting to implanting and whatsit.

"Yem aku dah penattt," I held out the needle holder because I really was bored already.

"Tak mau."

I went back to suturing. 

No comments:

Haru & Associates