بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Monday, June 28, 2021

boss, papa, luqman, kak elli, as

Today basically what I did was came to work, quick round saying hi to the kids, went to OT for a 3 hours SSG, had lunch, attended CME then sat in front of Boss as he shared his wisdom.

We were discussing the contract MO issue. He suggested making a legal solidarity, plan a negotiation such as extended 10 years contract, intake to replace the permanent doctors by number, transparency in intake. But not to boycott work because we're ethically bounded. We signed contracts anyway.

I reflected how complacency is a disease, that I owe it to all the ease I'm getting to work harder and progress in my career.

Boss advised to make use of every opportunity. Kalau diberi kerja, ambil. Kalau ada tanah, tanam serai. Kalau ada duit, tolong bisnes kawan.

I shared his wisdom with Meryem because today I've been helping her connect with district MOs. She asked me in the afternoon if I have any contract MO friends in Lahad Datu and Sandakan. I flipped out my phone and called Nicole and Stephy. Haha.

After work, Along mentioned how was dad dealing with the identical twin separated at birth issue. I only read the headline so I went and read the full news first before giving dad a call. We talked about this. He laughed at himself, saying he was the HOD during that time but of course who remember? Especially if its unremarkable. We shared the same insight, that the issue happened what 20 years ago. We would need the casenote first before we talk.

But the most important is to help them now. It happened already and they deserve compensation and ease to change their family registration, but for an inquiry and RCA? It'd be an interesting one. We'll be following it closely.

Dad asked what was I up to, so I told him my discussion with Boss. He lighted up and asked me about the issue too.

As usual dad thanked me for calling him. I really should call more. 

And later after Maghrib Luqman gave me a call. He asked how everything and everyone is. So I talked about our colleagues and surgeons. He told me to have Chief's back and to lend him an ear on his behalf. 

He seemed delighted that I'm warming up to Meryem. I told him that she reminded me of my younger self, how enthusiastic and hard working she is. We both agreed we're both old and enthusiasm running low. 

He asked how Alep and Abehe doing. 

I told him Fadli asked me the other day about him and how I replied "I think he's in UM" nonchalantly. It occurred to me that time as to why would Fadli ask me where Luqman is. Fadli is an observant shit haha. 

He then asked me who knew about Sandakan. I said I didn't tell anyone about it (but he knew I asked for dad's permission before going) and he said he wasn't interrogating. That thought didn't even cross my mind. I told him I know Alep knows because Kudus knows. Kudus were pissed that Luqman ditched him, haha. 

He said it was a good trip. I agree. I still have Kak Nik's and Maslan's plastic containers.

He asked how was the masterclass and I told him as per what I've written about it in the previous post, that I regretted not listening to him in one go.

He said he's trying to live living up to expectations. He's a registrar now, so he's expected to be in OT and read up more and balancing life. He's no longer the first year who goes home by 2pm. He's also smarting up his appearance with tied leather shoes, office shirt, leather belt, none of those scrubs or Skechers. He said he's taking a leaf out of Mr. Mad and Boss Tar's book.

I think he's doing better now he's in UM. I told him that, that he seemed better than when he was in UKM. He replied he's not going to bad mouth UKM but don't even say that 3 letters to him. Haha. I wondered what happened there. 

Anyhow I should learn more from him.

He hung up since he has to do his rounds. I thanked him for calling and wished him a good call. He told me to take care. 

I felt what dad might feel thanking his daughter for calling him. Thank you for considering me a "dear friend". 

I told Kak Elle that I'm a sucker for Lee Je Hoon. And how I can't even look at locals nowadays because help me he's so fine. 

See what I'm talking about. 

I ended tonight social interaction with Aslamiah who made me promise to take good care of myself and don't get warded. I told her that making promises is a mistake. Haha. But I thanked her and told her I appreciate having her.

No comments:

Haru & Associates