Mr. Ashok just had a new baby and yesterday she was admitted for neonatal jaundice. Since she's our niece, we admitted her in our ward and have our Medical colleague come review her.
This morning, after I took baby's blood, Mr. Ashok called Huwaina the oncall person if she could lend RM10 to his wife. Dr. Sanji was hungry but only has biscuits and no money, so Mr. Ashok asked if Huwaina could lend RM10 to buy some roti canai at the canteen.
We happily skipped to Room 4 to meet Dr. Sanji and see the pretty baby but she didn't want our money hahahaha. She said she'll wait for Mr. Ashok. Plus she'd have to leave the baby unattended to go down for food. We understood and left her room.
I immediately called Mr. Ashok. "Dr. Sanji said she'll wait for you, she don't want to leave baby alone. Should I buy roti kosong or roti telur for her?"
Mr. Ashok thanked me and I bought satu roti kosong for her. ("Just buy one la, she eats only one.") Delivered it to her and she thanked me a lot.
"Ashok will pay you back for this right?"
I was going to say don't worry it's only RM1.20 but I don't want to make her feel bad, so I said
"Sure sure Mr. Ashok will pay me back double.. triple.. Hahaha."

No comments:
Post a Comment