بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Thursday, February 22, 2018

On elective OT duty today

You see, I'm not exactly feeling well. I'm snivelling and coughing and feeling a bit low grade fever for the past few days. Survived mostly by sleeping through the night. So during the first operation I was snivelling and coughing while assisting my surgeon.

I was expecting a lot of krik krik moment from not able to answer my surgeon's basic science questions, but surprisingly none came. He instead asked me if I am feeling better, if I was on antibiotics, am I taking 1g Vitamin C.

Nope, I'm not compliant to my medication. I almost forgot to take my Loratadine even (only medication I don't want to miss because it's small and I don't like stuffy nose). I had it the worst during my precall and oncall day two days ago, now I'm better relatively. 

Second operation my registrar told me to relax and he will scrub in. Of course I did not relax and let him scrub in alone with my surgeon, I'm the elective MO on duty, I cannot relax when my registrar is working. Plus the next is a urology work and I sort of like urology work in the fond memory of Dr. Shenoufy. My surgeon saw me scrubbed in and he said he thought I was relaxing and having a drink. I almost felt chased out of OT haha.

Third operation I learned what my colleagues are for and didn't scrub in, let my two senior colleagues handled it. Just told my surgeon "I need to pee" and ran off to blow my nose. Afterwards I sat back and just observe.

No comments:

Haru & Associates