Last Wednesday some MO from other department yelled over the phone at me and her accusation was dangerous as it questioned my credibility. I decided to document the conversation in the BHT as verbal abuse.
The next day she stormed into the ward demanding to see me after my documentation circulated back to her. I was in the clinic hahaha. Damn relentless woman. My colleagues who were in the ward instead of me told me she questioned them about my background, since she has been yelling at every HOs without anyone making any formal complaint so why is this Atiqah documented her as verbally abusive?
Apparently I'm the one at fault for not tolerating her madness. Haha.
Anyway. Long story short she was beyond pissed and I'm a target now. I think I did the right thing by documenting as such. I will not let abusive people run free on my watch.
Dr. Iqbal told me he has my back on this issue. Miss Maz told me to not worry, though I may not get to be in that particular posting because of this. I almost regret it but what's done is done.
Yesterday after wrapping up at the Orthobay at midnight, L invited me for a cuppa at the stadium. He asked me what's new. I told him I bought a car. He gave me "No. What's new?"
"So you heard. How'd you know?"
So the Surgical Family knows. I wonder what they think of it. Our conversation made me realise friends are people who concur with you and have your back, while brothers are people who may not be on either side, claim to be biased because "I consider you my... ally" but mostly ask you whether you think you did the right thing.
Bro, that is what have been gnawing my mind since the incident.
Luqman thinks it was good someone stood up against her but I shouldn't have documented in the BHT. BHT is for formal legal documentation of patient care. What happened was personal. He thinks I should have lodged an incident report.
I don't want to do that. Report will be brought to higher ups attention and they will investigate thoroughly. If the MO is a Master student it will affect her performance. I just wanted to raise the issue of her attitude.
He said he's not anyone's side. He told me not to be offended. I was nearly offended he asked me not to be offended, since when are we that polite to each other? I'm not a sissy girl please.
I told him Miss told me not to worry and I hold onto her words, though I owe her an apology for giving her headache. He said not to worry about not getting into Anaes posting, in fact he was looking forward to see me in Anaes. And finalised with
"She can't do anything to you. I have a strong feeling about this."
Then the next morning, Wahida was informing OT to Dr. Nik Ariff and know what he said to her?
"Awak la yang terlibat dalam isu haritu kan? Bagitahu Atiqah dia dah tak selamat dah. Satu hospital dah kenal dia."
And Wahida overheard (over the phone) Dr. Ariff talking to another person beside him
"Ala Atiqah, anak Dr. Hanifah. Ayah dia kerja sini. Dia tu tegas sikit."
When Wahida told me that, I grinned. I know he is a nice guy, and it was nice of Dr. Nik to warn me, but why? It could be interpreted as a threat, no? I wondered what he meant by "tak selamat".
Second, I feel like I need to apologise to dad. I've tarnished his name.
The issue was eating me from inside and I felt sick. But it could be because of lack of food and sleep, I did vomited fluid and acid content that morning before Passover. So that evening, after I wake up and had early dinner, I went to dad and said
"I want to consult you on something."
"Apedia?"
I told him about Dr. Nik. He told me so what. People talk.
"Masa papa MO dekat Melaka, papa gaduh dengan Head Department Anaes. Dia ban papa dari masuk OT. Papa argue dengan dia, I don't care who you are this is for patient's care. Tapi bila doktor O&G sendiri request papa masuk OT, papa masuk je la. Nampak head Anaes tu buat dunno je la."
I laughed. Damn no wonder I'm like this. I thought I got this from mom but really, this is dad's gene alright. These people were right to bring dad's name into this matter hahaha.

No comments:
Post a Comment