بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Sunday, September 07, 2014

It was late evening that I remember being sick is kafarah for your sins

Not really my day today. But other people had it worse. Writing this down so I can sleep in peace.

First I was woken up because of a terrible nausea and was forced to stay quite a bit in the bathroom (I will spare you the details). Then I took a shower and the dark-coloured towel I used had a whole army of fire ants on it. Imagine the horror of toweling your face and realising your face and chest stung. It was horrible but I'm proud my brain swiftly took action and I didn't scream. I took an antihistamine right after coming out of the bathroom. 

And then I was attacked by Bobby the cat on the stairway. She really was something. Cute but doesn't behave an inch like a cat. This wasn't the first time she attacked me though, I wonder what I did.

Dr. Hussein started his class at 9.45 today until 11.45. It was normal but I was so nauseous in class it was terrible. I felt like I had too much, but it wasn't even noon yet. I tried to find silly amusement for myself throughout his class to make it through without vomiting in between my legs. 

One of it was when he mentioned about gastric outlet obstruction (GOO) and asked what's the equivalent of it in the urinary. Nobody could answer and finally he answered it himself in that slight exasperated tone.

"BOO! It's BOO! Bladder outlet obstruction!" 

I giggled and then felt more nauseous.

Walked back home for my medication. Took a tablet of Streptoquin and crashed on my roommate's mattress. Slept a full three hours. Prayed Zohor and waited for Asar. Curled like a fetus because I was still so nauseous I didn't want to get up. 

It was near 7pm that I realised I haven't eaten anything at all today. I had a glass of water and a glass of cold milk tea this morning. Grabbed a bar of chocolate in the fridge and spoke for the first time with my housemates to tell them "I have gastroenteritis" coded "leave me alone today". 

Prayed Maghrib and went curling again. Still very nauseous. I have been reciting "edema of stomach wall" all over today. Decided to do myself good and fried an omelette for the sick girl.

The omelette burned. It was terrible, I couldn't believe I burned an omelette. It was so bitter but I can't waste food. I want my mom. Took another tablet of Streptoquin and the stomach quieted down a bit.

Right now it's nearly half pass 8. Not that nauseous anymore alhamdulillah but I can't handle Bobby so I haven't been back to Umair's yet. Kevin and my surgical anatomy book are there.

No comments:

Haru & Associates