"But if the me then seems to fail us, please rely on me to overcome it. And maybe if I can't overcome it, we can overcome it together, so please rely on me."
All this time I thought relying means putting the burden on another person, and by that I could get away indulging in my own inability of whatever etiology. That's why I would only rely on someone whose reliability is legendary by my standard, whom I know could and would help.
And since such person is so limited, I end up not relying on anyone most of the time, because I've had enough handling myself heartbroken over a relied person's failing me.
I didn't know there's the next "and maybe if I can't overcome it, we can overcome it together" part. I forgot instead of doing it in my stead, the relied person could simply be my anchor, my support. Just don't lose hope. Don't withdraw yourself, don't be a one-man unit. "So please rely on me."
Really, this is divine revelation. I need to revise my life principle. I was too thick perhaps to process something an elementary student already know.
![]() |
| Picture credit to Andres Amador. |
"You are free to rely on him. Be assured that you can rely on him."
EDITED:
Or perhaps this only applies to highly personally reputable person like your dad or your so-called life partner. Who else is going to insist on the "so please rely on me" part? By right this is applicable to work but nowadays, trusting others with your back is getting more and more difficult.
Or perhaps this only applies to highly personally reputable person like your dad or your so-called life partner. Who else is going to insist on the "so please rely on me" part? By right this is applicable to work but nowadays, trusting others with your back is getting more and more difficult.
Gaah. The hell is wrong with my reading materials, stupid shoujo.
Reminds me of that time I missed my plane back to Kota Bharu. My initial plan was to take the public transport to the airport myself because it was a work day and I shouldn't bother my relatives like that. But my aunts insisted to send me off after their work. I foresaw the consequences already, but huh, how do you tell your elders who took it upon themselves as your host throughout your stay that you don't need their help?
Cutting the story short, I missed my flight. Had to fork out a couple hundreds for the next flight home. It was a stab wound to my pride and heart and all I thought as I waited at the airport alone was "I'd never rely on others when it comes to situation like this". But when I called my aunt to tell her what happened (just a short "I missed my flight but I've bought the next ticket so yeah.") she told me to not give up on relying on them just because of that incidence.
Hmm. Anyway, I learnt my lesson, really. When it comes to reputable time-abiding transportation, I'd rather be early and wait than on the road with palpitations or worst.


1 comment:
stop it already dammit. study la belambak kena hadam ni grr
Post a Comment