Right now, I'm missing my home in Lundang. It's easier to wake up there no matter what time I sleep at night. Dad could just open the door allowing the hallway light to come in and I'm up. He used to wake me up by doing that and switching the fan off during school days. Mom could come complaining and I'm up. Maru could come yelling and jumping on me and I'm up. Annoyed but up. Being woken up by Maru is the only time he annoys me that didn't end him being chased around the house.
I can't wake up on my own. That's the number one reason why I will never survive living alone. The very few times that I wake up on my own is an amusement to the people around me and a personal achievement for me, marking an awesome day.
I think it's because I think too much. I hate reading before bed, it makes my mind churn even faster than when I do other things. Studying before bed was even worse.
Speaking of home, because it's hard to fall asleep, you should know that I end up sleeping anywhere I drop dead at. Back in the school days I have my own room but sometimes I sleep on the main living room couch. Truthfully I like the couch better, but one can only tolerate so much back pain. I don't move around when I sleep so I never make a mess or fall off the couch.
After I enrolled to a medical school, we renovated our house and my room was at the second floor. When I went back for the holidays, it was too much hassle to walk up to my new room so I ended sleeping on the floor of the family hall or sometimes on the couch there, the former being the most preferred. It was amazing how I survived the night without a pillow nor a blanket nor mosquitoes repellent, haha.
My parents complained a lot, dad being the most troubled seeing the inappropriate eldest daughter sprawled on the floor when there was a total of five empty beds in the whole house. When I said my room was too far, mom laid out a futon for me on the floor of Melle's room, which is closest to the family hall. Sometimes I sleep there, other times I'll stay up the whole night and takeover Melle's bed after she wakes up. But I still sleep on the floor of the family hall. I like the floor; back pain and all. They say love has no logic to it.
Last summer mom finally completed the furnishing of my old room and so they finally got rid of waking up to a corpse on the floor in the middle of the hall, haha. My frequency of sleeping on the floor decreased to once every fortnight.

2 comments:
Haha.. Having the same habit too..suka tidur atas couch depan pintu... And adeh..back pain for a week..it's killing me. -.-"
We should weigh 35kg so senang ayah angkat letak atas katil, hahahah
Post a Comment