بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Better than some ustat

Bro A: Where are you from?
Date: Malaysia.
Bro A: Oh. Have you found the plane?
Me: Yeah. In the Indian Ocean.. So you're from China? Where in China is it?

Bro B: Where do you guys live?
Date: Abbasiyyah.
Me: Sayyeda Zainab.
Bro B: What?! Sayyeda Zainab?! Dangerous! Egypt is not safe with the demonstratioms and all. It's far from here, why are you here? Next time don't come to this restaurant anymore!
Me: Whyyyy? (Cmon this is my first time here and I'm no longer welcomed?)
Bro A: The Egyptians are not good people nowadays.

Bro A: Do you study in Al-Azhar?
Date: Nope, in Ain Shams.
Me: I study in Kasr el Ainy, Cairo U.
Bro A: Medicine?
Me: Yeah.
Bro A: I'm studying at Cairo U too.
Me: What are you taking?
Bro A: Kuliah adab.
Me: Oh.
Bro A: Did you have class today in the morning?
Me: Yeah we did. Why?
Bro A: We didn't. There was a huge demonstration at the main campus today.
Me: But I'm sure our medical faculty was still in order this morning..
Bro A: Really?

Bro B: Did you come from Sayyeda by the Metro?
Me: Yes.
Bro A: It's dangerous... (They both discussed in Chinese pretty seriously.)
Me: But I'm staying at her place in Abbasiyyah, should be okay.
Bro B: Oh okay.

Bro A: Where in Abbasiyyah do you live? We live there, let us take you back.
Date: No no no it's okay.
Bro B: Don't worry! We are good people. Consider us your fathers.
Me: Gahahaha. Seriously, it's okay.
Bro A: Wait we want to pray Maghrib first.
Me: Okay bye thanks for the meal. Run!

No comments:

Haru & Associates