بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Serendipity

I had been unable to sleep properly these past weeks and thus was too inhumane in the morning to go to the dean's morning class, but I vowed to change this winter break. However, my sleep cycle worsened in spite of my efforts and his resumed class starting last Sunday saw me absent (as usual).

I contemplated this last Tuesday while staring far-off into the opposing wall. "Takde jodoh."

Nadie besides me looked at me perplexed. I turned to her and asked, "Jodoh tu ape?"

"I think it's serendipity. A happy encounter by accident."

"Oh."

---

Today was the first day in a very long time that I slept before midnight. I woke up happy. I even had breakfast before I set out with springy steps for the dean's class.

Only to arrive to an empty class and found out there was no class today. I looked up into the beautiful sky. "Takde jodoh."

On the way home outside the entrance of our campus, I saw the dean. Washed out light green shirt with yellow stripes and grey suit. The familiar uncombed hair, dialling his phone. I smiled and greeted him a good morning. He greeted me back awkwardly.

An encounter by accident. I was happy. Good morning indeed.

No comments:

Haru & Associates