This was heading towards incompatibility.
At the very least, he couldn't even read her cynicism and questioned whether she was ever a sarcastic person before. At the most, she couldn't share her worldview without being called a doctrinated pickle.
What went wrong? Nothing, but too much reading and thinking certainly changes people.
So she packed all her stuffs from his house. The toothbrush on the sink went into her backpack.
"Where are you going?" He turned around from his study table.
"Home."
He smiled apologetically and her resolve melted. "Did you not have fun here? I'm sorry-"
"Well you did say if I'm here to study, I might as well not come here," she joked using the words he remarked when he saw her
He laughed.
"Exam is the day after. I should be going anyway."
He saw her packing the book she left on his shelf. "Don't pack all your stuff. Leave something.. at least one."
"Oh." How should she rationalize to him. And then she remembered. "I still got my t-shirt here."
"T-shirt?"
"The navy Jakarta."
"Okay."
She hoisted her backpack. "Bye." Something tingled in her heart. "Good luck."

No comments:
Post a Comment