A warning though, this list might appear of very high standard to the point of unachievable with a doctor's timetable. But that's the whole point of "Aim for the sky and at worst, you'll reach the stars" or whatever the quote really said.
And there's the fact that I see myself as limitless (insert arrogant cocky self-centered smirk, hehe).
- Take up chess
A lifelong achievement. This one has been put off for as long as I can remember so let's repent before we die and get this started after the exam this Wednesday.. which is in less than 36 hours. #fml
- Formally study higher level of Arabic and English
Despite our Arabic teacher in INTEC reminded us to take up English formally during our first year here, it was something I neglected. For whatever reason. Nevertheless, let's start snooping at the British Consulate by next week.
The Arabic part.. well it is embarrassing to say this. For someone who had studied Arabic since the age of 6 years old, this is a cause for humiliation.
- Develop a generation of thinker and doer for Islam
A lifelong achievement as well and as of now, hopefully I am getting more serious into this. It is self-explanatory. Or maybe not. I won't disclose any details ;)
- Get a PPE BA from Oxford
Because among other things, I believe this course helps you get through life wiser. A doctor with co-degree in Syariah is not unusual especially for an Egypt graduate and I am a firm believer of diversity at its best. Thus a BA in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.
So this is after a steady career of sub-specialty in Neonatology, perhaps. Dad is my standard.
- Raise a Russian Blue
Once I graduate medicine and get my own place. Russian Blue is a delicate breed and I wouldn't want to psychologically scar a masterpiece. Despite the foreseen lifelessness of a medical graduate, I won't let that hold me back.
Because I can't have a cat now.
- Locum tenens in the mountains
Let's hope I'm married to a doctor because I
Of course, this is after a steady career of post-grad.
- Glacier Express with the whole family
Yeah because I love Switzerland that much. The fact is that everyone in the family are busy right now and to find a moment when everyone is available may be a tough job to handle. The only time I can see them rationally putting aside for an oversea get-together will be at my graduation, perhaps we can see if the schedule fits?
The cost will be exponential, so I will need to sell all my shoes and eat nothing but oranges from now on. Okay.
As I am aiming for a transfer program in Swiss during summer 2013, maybe I can do this on my own but the other half of the aim will not be achieved thus pointless. With this time frame, I hope Hadi will get married earlier than this period so as not to ruin my plan (such a selfish little sister, haha).
- Tick off my to-go list
The followings and not limited to are to be cleared before entering work:
-Norway
-Kenya
-get lost in Versailles
-Nessy!!
-Grafton Street (ihik)
I know dad subtlely warned me against Kenya, so let's find a safer alternative. Johannesburg, anyone?
- Get a firearm license
Because it's the modern day archery, isn't it? Supposedly I planned this post-SPM but the system itself is tough. Malaysia isn't America, whatever was I thinking?
Anyways, here's to dummy guns.
Allahumma ameen. This needs an all-round planning ESPECIALLY financial, so there you have it. Notes like building a successful family of at least five kids would be too obviously cliché and who-wouldn't? for a bucket list, so you wouldn't find this fact up there.
Now let's get back to the Public Health reality I paused long enough..

No comments:
Post a Comment