بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Your Plate Overflown

"I try to take regular little breaks," says Nolen-Hoeksema. "I'll program my Blackberry to buzz me to stop for five minutes and breathe and regroup. It really helps me take a step back, which can be hard to do, and often I'll realize, 'I could delegate that,' or 'This isn't that important' or 'I can put this off.'"

Carrying a written reminder to "Stay focused" or "Get back to Number 1," whatever that means to you, can help, too.

Saying "no" may not come naturally but you can build your skills. "It takes practice and realizing that the world doesn't cave in," says Nolen-Hoeksema.

Working with a buddy helps. Hers is her husband. "We have a deal that when I say 'no,' he gives me a treat. If it's a small thing, it might be a candy bar. If it's a big thing, he takes me to dinner. Or I just email him and say, 'I said "No,"' and he emails back, 'Congratulations!'"

Gini Kopecky Wallace, 9 Reasons Why You Can't Concentrate


So now all we need is a husband, lol.

2 comments:

sufiyyah zulkifli said...

hahahahaha! *wlaupun x dpt tgkp sgt* XD

Haru said...

hehe, actually the earlier quoted paragraph was an excerpt from an article how to reorganize yourself. one of the value was learn to say no. ahaha ni akak slack skit dari dulu kot.

and the person they interviewed dalam artikel ni kata she got help and support to say no dari husband dia..

So now all we need is a husband, lol.

Haru & Associates