An Egyptian guy stopped his bike behind me and offered his help. He realigned the chain with his bare hands and quickly it was done. I offered him my tissue and he cleaned himself up with some water his friend offered. I smiled, thanked him gratefully and sped off.
A few minutes later, my chain gave away again. I pulled over and simply realigned the chain myself, not using any tissue this time. Wani and one of our guys passed by asking if everything is alright, and I gave them a thumbs-up.
Now that is how you do it.
---
We cycled with the Egyptian students to Maadi today, organized by the Kasr El-Ainy Youth Build Egypt (KAYBE). We departed from the main entrance of Kasr El-Ainy Medical Faculty, went along Al-Manial Street towards one end of the Abbas Bridge and cycled down along Kurnish El-Nil towards Alfa Market in Maadi. Around 20km, I think?
Cycling at medium to full speed by the busy roadside of Kurnish El-Nil, what more fun do you want? The wind blew straight to your chest, sunshine hidden behind the lush trees (at some part of the journey) and a peek at the Nile passing by your right.
It tests your movement coordination and your survival skills on the notorious road of Egypt.
Plus when your fever just barely receded, this is a test of sheer will. I think I exerted myself too much today. Give me the road and I will become insane.
Looking at this picture, I realize I haven't scrubbed my shoes yet.

3 comments:
k.tiqah. am sorry. but u looks 'younger'. :)
nak kata ape sebenarnye piyah?
p/s: still haven't scrubbed the shoes yet..
nmpak sgt kecik berbanding mreke di sekeliling tu... huhuhu. *sy rasa sy pun sama klau sy yg kt situ* =.=
Post a Comment