6.15pm
It finally came to the eat-now-damn-you-or-pass-out moment and I placed my order for my first meal of the day.
6.25pm
I whined.
"Sabar la Tiqah," the senior on the next table said. "Yang kakak ni order pun tak sampai lagi."
I was silent as I eyed her from behind my veil. She prompted, "Tiqah tunggu apa?"
"Telur dadar," I said flatly. She doubled over in laughter.
I waited not-so happily while munching and forking my plain rice. This could very well be my last meal here and please note the double entendres.
6.35pm
After blinking out of my state of trance, I marched solemnly up to the cashier and inquired the whereabout of my omelette. He istighfar-ed on the spot and ran back to where the kitchen is, perhaps to urge the hen to step on it.
It felt nice to remind people of Allah, but I was too hypoglycemic at that moment.
6.40 pm
My oily telur dadar arrived. I congratulated the guy for succeeding in sending it over safely.

No comments:
Post a Comment