بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sensitivity Test

I was sitting on the floor facing the unpacked bookcase, leafing through the books I was supposed to be arranging. Suddenly, a creak was heard on my left and the roommate's longitudinal wooden bed frame previously leaning on the wall came towards me unmercilessly.

The impact was jolting. I emitted a pathetic pained cry yet remained unmoved. It came on the bone of my shoulder before slapping my head hard. It crashed on the floor yet there I was, not even rubbing the already bruising point of impact.

In fact, I was still staring at my books. It came to me that I must have been thinking something inappropriate prior to the smack and Allah was literally jolting me back to reality.

Was it any cousins I was mentally making fun of? Was it Ara I was backbiting? Was it any seniors I found disturbing? Was it any foreign entity I was thinking of? It could have been an unhealthy relationship with an all-you-can-eat Malaysian buffet or something much sinister.

I don't know. I don't know what my last thought was.

p/s: Title credited to Anah.
Haru & Associates