بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

13 Dec: Finuu Tickles Us Pink

I walked home today, as usual.

Happiness level: 7/10

Passed in front of the bakery and smelt something sweet.

My salivary gland was kicked to overdrive.

Turned around towards the shop. Halted momentarily. Walked away from said bakery while counting the cash in my purse.

Exactly LE 2 was left. I smiled gailily.

Happiness level: 8.5/10

Walked back towards the bakery.

"Assalamualaikum, sir. Can I have LE 2 of finuu, please?"

He smiled and nodded. Took a dozen of finuu from the shelf. Handed to one grinning Atiqah.

I walked out of the bakery after expressing my gratitude. Restraining myself from jumping with a whoop.

Happiness level: 10/10

Bukankah awak sudah berjanji tidak mahu membeli finuu lagi?
Saya masih ingat janji manis awak dulu.
-Rodhi-


Resumed my journey back home with extra bounce in every step. Turning the corner towards our imarah.

Suddenly...

"Dear miss, can give me one of your finuu?"

Huh? I turned towards the voice. It was a homeless hagah by the street.

"You would like one?" I asked her with a genuine smile.

She nodded.

I opened my shantoh and gave her one.

"Shukran."

"No problem."

And I resumed the journey back home, one less finuu in hand. Bouncier steps.

Happiness level: Endless.

p/s: Small gesture tickles Atiqah pink.

No comments:

Haru & Associates