بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Honesty is Novelty

I went to SRI Aman just now to pick up Yaya and Hazim. It was crowded as usual, duh, and the kids were late. So I had to park Budu near Aulad Playschool and walked back to SRI to haul them all up.

Mission accomplished. I carried Yaya's elephant bag. As we walked towards the car, I saw Irsyad and Faiq walking towards us, each holding a 30-sen packet containing junks and low-quality robot.

"Teacher!" Faiq waved at me.

"Hah! Faiq!" I smirked at the small boy. "Apa beli mercun masa-masa camni!"

"Bukan mercun la!~"

And the kids ran off towards the school.

We walked pass the stall selling the alleged mercun. Faiq ran back towards us, yelling out his tiny lungs, "Mak cik! Mak cik!"

I spun my head around to look at him. What's up?

Faiq ran into the stall and, still yelling, made his way towards the surprised mak cik. "Mak cik, mak cik, kita tak ingat nak bayar tadi!"

I smiled. Such honest boy, and he's only 8 years old.

I pray for more of Faiq, and blessings for all. Ameen.

No comments:

Haru & Associates