بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Wednesday, May 28, 2025

Journaling in Jordan

29032018

Flight from Sabah delayed by 3 hours. 
Arrived in KLIA 2 by 3am. 
Slept at Capsule by Container Hotel. 
Woke up for Subuh. 
Slept in till 0810H. 


30032018

Ride to KLIA - RM2 x 2
Breakfast at Food Garden
Makcik Nasi Kandaq for Ms and nasi goreng ayam for me, yum! - RM9.45
Nescafe to go - RM3 
Too hot, couldn't finish, had to throw by immigration

SV0841, 8h 50m
Cannot sleep
Mid seat - bad idea
Lots of toilet breaks

Movie marathon
- Coco
- Thor Ragnarok x2 playback Vs Hulk and post fight scene
- The Hitman's Bodyguard
- The Proposal and Annabelle: Creation - couldn't sustain my attention
 
Guy behind me had a fit x3 in 15 minutes. 
Plus crying wife. 
Some aged GP went to help. 
I don't think the first aid was appropriate nor correct, but since I didn't own up I have no place to say. 

In Jeddah International Airport
God, I forgot I've been here and how campy and uncomfortable it is. 
The people… from all sorts of walk of life is all I can say. 
People watching, spot guessing where they came from. Kinda easy to pick out the Egyptian and Sudanese. 

Airport Queen Alia was nice. 
Sort of reminds me of Changi in its newness, lines and efficiency. 
Saw and used pretty isdal at the nice surau, but it's a two-piece so what's the point. 

500 USD = 350 JD

Azki Hanafi our murakkib drove us to Antika Hotel
Journey was from the edge of Amman, through high end abdoun where consulates live. 
Ms paid 88 JD


31032018

0930H
Madaba: Heritage trail of mosaic beauty.
Modern conclusion, it's a Legoland. 

Entrance to Kanisah Virgin Mary
3 JD each (Ms) + 0.25 (Azki)

Walk, walk, walk
Big ass Kanisah St George with map of promised land
Souvenir bought at Najd & Shahd where Muadz was handcrafting the mosaic
Bought a tree of life for 30 JD

1130H

Off to Mt Nebo where Nabi Musa pointed the promised land to the insolent people 
2 JD each (Atiqah)

Walk, walk, see
1 JD for water

Then to the Dead Sea
I wish I'm good at sketching

To Karak Castle
Which is actually a qal3ah Solahuddeen
Prayed at Masjid Hameedi
4 JD and valet parking 2 JD

Magnifique valley panoramic view
Oh yeah
We had lunch at a nearby eatery
7.50 JD

We then drove to Petra
Long way
Pretty moon followed us to La Maison Hotel
We had buffet dinner
Typical Arabic dishes not to my taste haha
I went up to the sutuh to catch the moon
GoPro acted up and I forgot the correct setting. Nvm. 


01042018

Breakfast spoiled my mood
Tomato tak sedap
Rasa tak fresh
I felt so betrayed :(

Went to Petra!
Each paid 50 JD

0900 - 1420H walk and hike!
I went up to the Ad-Dier monastery
A feat. 
I'm a Jordanian now. 

Lunch was syawarma superb bigibnah
They put fries, chicken, cheese, thum in suri and grill
I was so happy
Then orange with carrot juice to wash it down
Azki paid 6.45 JD
I owe Azki 1 JD for adapter and Ms 1 JD for water

Off to Wadi Rum
Camped at Hassan Zaneidah which is soo nice!
An hour jeep ride across the dune
Starry night
Moonlit desert
Shall we dance?

I went night photoshooting 
Azki teman
Could have gone alone but somehow scared haha

Ms paid 11 JD for Wadi Rum entrance and 85 JD for HZ camp
I paid Azki 6.50 + 1

For Azki, we paid him 780 USD


02042018

Ms paid 6.85 JD for lunch - I paid half

Went to Wadi Rum Station
Belonged to Turks
Carriage train for goods to Jordan
Still functioning

Off to Aqaba!
Glass boat 30 JD - paid half to Ms
Glass boat showed us the corals - not so colourful
Then dabbabah - the tank that King Abdullah sank to commemorate Karamah War where Urdun won against Yahud
And a sank safinah
I sat at the bow thinking of jumping in, but we have no life vest

Prayed at the mosque
I paid 6 JD for lunch
Ms paid 4 JD for asir and water

Off to Amman
Checked in Hotel Larsa
So nice!
But broken aircond

Dinner at Jabri
Atiqah paid 2.90 JD for kunafah and 14.40 JD for mansaf


03042018

Best breakfast of fresh baked bread!!!
With live demo
Ms paid 87 JD for the hotel

Went to Ashabul Kahfi cave
Penerangan by sheikh there

Then to Salt
Beautiful architecture
Thanks Hariz :) 
Kissed by makciks at Masjid Alkabir near Ain Plaza
Azki bought us atayeef :)

Then to Amman Citadel
I paid 6 JD

Then dinner at Mat3am Al-Kaherah hahah
KEPALA KAMBING WITH KABSAH
Tongue actually tasted good
Atiqah paid 9 JD

Souvenir were 20 JD 
Got myself a cushion cover for the car
Azki told me to just get Hariz a mug, quoting "Cinta tak perlu mahal" haha apa?
Asob was 0.50 JD
40 JD for one night Nahas
Groceries 4.50 JD


04042018

Mujahid took us to Ajloun
Atiqah paid 0.80 JD

Too many school kids
Arab bising haha
Then changed to Taqi
Lunch ritsh at Tadammur per Hariz suggestion
I paid 8.50 JD

SEDAPPP
ISI BESARRRR
SALATOH AND SALSAH SEDAP
NASI SEDAPP

Then to Ma3rokah Yarmuk
Vast field and plateau

Then got lost while cari belakang Umm Qays for Tasik Tabari and Al-Ghorub
I paid 3 JD for drinks

Prayed and visited maqam and Masjid Muadz bin Jabal

Met back Azki at Gourmet
Drank farawlah
And ate shawarma

Atiqah paid 2 JD for food
Ms paid 5 JD
Sedekah was 0.30 JD


05042018

Checkout Nahas
Ms paid the rest half of total 40 JD

We went back to Tasik Tabari
It's behind Umm Qays
Through a field of daffodil
The landing was cool
You see the view
And wind was blowing strong almost knocking me off my feet

We went to JUST
And Azki bought shawarma otw
Awesome as always, 4 JD - paid him
JUST was barren
Unlike us Cairo surrounded by Nile
I took a picture there just for the sake of it

Then we went to Jerash 
I really should look up the places I go before I go there
It's a huge area to walk under the sun
Haha
Tiring but puas
10 JD each for entrance

Back to Amman
We crashed at Al-Hussein Park
It has buildings of museum, but the park itself is barren to say the least
Just trees
Not so springy

Azki went to the Royal Automobile Museum and got himself free entrance
We loitered in the car
Tired from Jerash
I smell of sand

I asked Hariz what he wants from Jordan
He said he's a fan of Jobedu shirt but told me not to susah2 for it
Googled. Nearby. 
We went there
I picked out a size S for him
He said "M kot?" but there's no decent pattern left in M and I forgot how Hariz's built is
I'm praying it fits
15 JD for him
I guess I'll keep the mug

Flight back 
Rather uneventful
Hardly any sleep

Movie marathon:
- The Man From UNCLE because Henry Cavill looked cool
- Gifted because it's Chris Evans

Landed KUL
Parted from Ms
Took the express to see mi familia


I feel like I'm becoming friends with Hariz because of this trip
I get to see what he loved of Jordan
I get to know him a bit
I realised how flighty but responsible he is

Maybe it's just me, but I need to have a point of interest
But what am I worthy of?
Compared to him who has done his part contributing to the society
I've just been doctoring all this while
Nothing beyond my hospital

He's amazing in that sense
I'm not up to that yet

I should, right? Find a bigger cause. 

For Hariz's shirt, I wanted to meet him and give it myself
But I guess I'm embarrassed
So I sent it by mail






No comments:

Haru & Associates