بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Strangers

Talking to strangers is a breather that sometimes I need to take. When I can't relax around people I know, I'll turn to strangers and let loose. Because their opinion on you doesn't matter. No stakes, can't disappoint strangers. And it's not called strangers if you meet them again.

Heh. Had I another life I'm probably the one night stand type.

One time I went out for dinner alone and was the next-in-line thus last customer at the burger stall. The two bros working the stall told me to take a seat while waiting and we chatted and chatted. I talked more during that 30 minutes from ordering to after my burger was done than during my hours at work that day.

I would have had my dinner there chatting amiably with them had mosquitoes didn't assault me (I was in Sabah and it was almost 9pm). I guess that was divine intervention telling me good girls go home before dark.

And then another time I went to the grocer to grab a coconut water because it was a hot night and I felt like it. I went to pay and the lady standing behind me asked if the drink was any good.

I don't know, I told her. My first time trying this.

She ohhed.

I paid and opened the can there. I took a sip and then turned to her. Yup, not bad.

She nodded. I then went off.

No comments:

Haru & Associates