Somehow I went reading through past entries and came across the Tag PTSD. It was when I was going through that fire at my apartment.
Truthfully I forgot how the whole ordeal ended. I remembered I went up some stage somewhere to receive the money collection from the Embassy and I asked for help from the Ambassador while I was onstage.
But I couldn't recall whether that help was asked before or after I gave up after going to the third police station in Cairo to settle the legal issue and achieved nothing. I skipped few classes for that. And I went by myself because I couldn't bring myself to ask someone else to skip classes to help me, only to settle nothing. They'll only be coming along for company, and having company doesn't settle things.
At first I was struggling to get myself back. Afterwards only I realized I had everyone around me with me. Lin organised for the girls to make that huge card for me. I still have it. Oh God. Ah, I'm wiping tears.
Thing is. I cried a bit reading those back. Can't believe I went through those but I did. Maybe that's why I'm so stubbornly independent. Must be.
My past self did a good job penning those words down. I know I wrote some of those with tears down my face. Didn't expect to have a bit of tears down my face reading them almost four years later.
After I restarted life with the Muntalaqians, I think it was around that time that Hariz's place caught fire. And then another girls' place in Mansurah.

No comments:
Post a Comment