Here in Likas we have guards guarding every ward entrance. I'm quite familiar with the guards who are stationed at my ward and some periphery wards we're used to commuting to.
You should know that the guards in Neonatal wards are familiar with postnatal moms coming in and going. And whenever I go there at night for my oncall rounds, sometimes they'll stare at me a few seconds before allowing me in. I heard they couldn't decide whether I'm a postnatal mom because I was selekeh or I'm a lost teenage kid.
This happened during my last call. There's this guard who is about my height, male, he has this smile that is friendly and very welcoming. That night he opened the door for me and asked me
"Kau umur berapa? Nampak macam belasan tahun."
I stopped to answer him. "Aku 28. Kau?"
"Aku 24."
"Kau juga macam belasan tahun."
We're now on an eyebrow-raised acknowledging level.

No comments:
Post a Comment