بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Monday, April 30, 2018

Like the good person I am, I went back to my place for prayers later

Today after a duodenoduodenostomy, I went in search for something delicious. It was close to 6pm, dinner time. But I had lunch at 2pm and wasn't really up for anything heavy.

What should we have tonight? Sotong goreng tepung was always a good choice, but I will end up with gout soon. Juice was a healthier choice, but the closest was at 1B and the ten minutes ride would be close to an hour in the traffic. I'd rather not.

I decided on banana fritters. I went to the stall just to find half of them already packed up and no banana fritters in sight. I bought myself putu piring instead and went back to my car.

I noticed the sky a pretty shade of pink with clear white clouds and the hilly peaks in the distance. It was a beautiful sight. The beach was nearby but when I remember the traffic.. I went back inside my car and had the radio on. Today's favourite song was Puth's We Don't Talk Anymore.

By the time I finished two putu pirings, it was already dark outside. I had a sudden urge for keropok keping. Lucky me I had no in stock, nor do I feel like entering a shared kitchen. Where do they sell keropoks?

I exited my car and went to Orange. None. I walked to Giant. None.

Ah. They sell them at the hospital's kiosk.

And that was how I ended up at the hospital after work.

Keropok in hand, I looked up the sky and noticed two pretty things.

1) The moon was a bright yellowish orange hue in full power above the hilly peaks. Not as pretty as my last full moon in the middle of Wadi Rum, but impressive nevertheless.

2) We had a clear sky over the sea then and stars were in view.

Subhanallah. Marvelous. I took out my GoPro and tried to capture the stars from the carpark, but ended with nothingness. The light pollution was strong like any other night in Kota Kinabalu. I deleted the picture as soon as I saw it.

I got back into my car, half deciding to sleep in the carpark tonight. Screw new year resolution. My sleeping bag was in the boot anyway.

No comments:

Haru & Associates