Today I assisted my surgeons in a partial nephrectomy. We removed this troublesome upper moiety and the ureter of a one year old boy. He was noted antenatally to have hydronephrosis and turned out it was a duplex right kidney. He later developed ureterocele and reflux. His right kidney is still functioning good per MAG3, and usually if the moiety is functioning, we just deroof the ureterocele. But he had episode of pyonephrosis requiring nephrostomy in Feb this year, that's why the upper moiety has to go. Noted the dilated and tortuous ureter, almost bowel like.
After the OT, I went to the pantry to get my surgeons approval of my OT notes and eyed my breakfast still on the table (it was 12pm and I only had a cup of coffee all day). Lunch wasn't ready yet and my two karipaps were the only food on the table. My favourite surgeon Mr. Ashok smiled at me and said he's hungry...
I didn't have time to eat anyway since the next case was already induced and I still have to write the pathology forms, not to mention I'm a sucker for tall dark and handsome guys... My first meal of the day was at 6pm hahahaha woi.

No comments:
Post a Comment