Melle and Maru had their grading yesterday. I had my breakfast of The Nasi Ayam Mok Noh while the kids were warming up.
Melle was practicing her pattern with her friends, doing so deliberately and artfully while Maru was running around playing with his friends. I called for him and told him to practice and a good boy he is, he stopped in his track and did his pattern. Quick, smooth and precise, smiling that monkey grin all the way.
I was so swelled my grin was Chesire.
It is befitting that the last in the family is a sunny sanguinous monkey as oppose to the melodramatic perfect Melancholic that is Melle.
Maru then went chasing his friends for a while before practicing another set of pattern and another and then he sparred with his friends.
You should have seen him. He gave four successive kicks without missing a beat, crouched and blocked and proceeded to hell out punches.
Front kick, back kick and jumping kick (jumping kick was not in Grade 6 syllabus). I was so proud at little boy I would had scooped him up in a hug. But I was considerate not to drop down his machismo level, haha. (I am his sister, I can humiliate him anytime I want.)
Maru was a mighty offense. But his problem was that that monkey didn't block as efficiently as he attacked. He'd rather jump out of the way and counter-kick than blocking kicks properly.
That was something we will definitely work on.
They passed their grading with one grade. You can give the kids a black belt for all I care, but I'd win them with a Master Headlock anytime.
We went home and ate Nasi Lemak Sambal Kerang Bersinar, formerly known and I still call it Nasi Lemak TC. (I will eat whatever I want now that I am home and leave housemanship period once I graduate to do the thinning for me.)
| Nasi Ayam Mok Noh. This has been our staple since 1997. Maybe even before that. If you become my guest, breakfast is on me. |
Melle was practicing her pattern with her friends, doing so deliberately and artfully while Maru was running around playing with his friends. I called for him and told him to practice and a good boy he is, he stopped in his track and did his pattern. Quick, smooth and precise, smiling that monkey grin all the way.
I was so swelled my grin was Chesire.
It is befitting that the last in the family is a sunny sanguinous monkey as oppose to the melodramatic perfect Melancholic that is Melle.
Maru then went chasing his friends for a while before practicing another set of pattern and another and then he sparred with his friends.
You should have seen him. He gave four successive kicks without missing a beat, crouched and blocked and proceeded to hell out punches.
Front kick, back kick and jumping kick (jumping kick was not in Grade 6 syllabus). I was so proud at little boy I would had scooped him up in a hug. But I was considerate not to drop down his machismo level, haha. (I am his sister, I can humiliate him anytime I want.)
| Monkey King Hakim (8 years old) on the left with his friend Ashimudin (11 years old). |
Maru was a mighty offense. But his problem was that that monkey didn't block as efficiently as he attacked. He'd rather jump out of the way and counter-kick than blocking kicks properly.
That was something we will definitely work on.
They passed their grading with one grade. You can give the kids a black belt for all I care, but I'd win them with a Master Headlock anytime.
| Nasi Lemak TC at Jalan Kuala Krai near JKR. This stuff is also a staple dated back in 1997. My favourite is with sambal kerang. |
We went home and ate Nasi Lemak Sambal Kerang Bersinar, formerly known and I still call it Nasi Lemak TC. (I will eat whatever I want now that I am home and leave housemanship period once I graduate to do the thinning for me.)

No comments:
Post a Comment