Apparently my companions were wondering how I end up with them that night because according to them I am a goody-two-shoe kid and that I join u***h (lol this is comedic in itself) and despite not being the biologically youngest in the pack, I do appeared 12 years old when compared to the more vogue and chic guys and girls.
I tweeted this before I went out of the house to meet them that night.
Well I'd say as long as you have something bigger to achieve, what is the harm of a night out with them? And my intentions that night were:
1- spend time with Kak Elle and maybe charm her into treating me to her infamous Mee Udang.
2- expand my circle and catch up with the other guys!
3- do something For The First Time
4- learn something new
5- macam-macam lagi kebaikan (lol)
FIRST
It was Kak Elle who was so excited at the prospect of meeting her Abang Jobrani and she invited some of us to join her. No one replied positive to that group message (not even me. I'm not familiar with stand-up comedy) that Kak Elle had to ask again.
Obviously I have soft spot for her (ecece) and I knew that bitter feeling of having to put out your passion because you're the only one in it, so I asked dad for permission. Granted, I replied yes to Kak Elle despite knowing nothing to expect from that event. Let's just say I was blindly following her to the abyss of the end of the world haha.
The others followed suit after some coaxing from thepestering persistent Kak Elle XD
Actually what I really wanted was her Mee Kuah oh Tuhan sedapnyeeee~
SECOND
These people are not in my everyday circle of people I meet (they are seniors and Ain Shams students) plus they are famous chic vogue people which I am not. Why not go make merriment, hang out and spend time together? I will definitely learn new things and see different perspectives and God knows maybe I can be of great insight to them as well, haha :P
Turn it into a field trip and it will be most beneficial for my anthropological observations! Life is an experiment! (I am such a nerd :B )
THIRD
This is my first time attending a live stand-up comedy. I didn't even know who the comedians are, what to expect, etc. Technological development granted everything the ease to be Googled and Wikied and Youtubed nowadays but that is too much of a bulk information for a newbie like me.
So I resorted instead to asking people and like Kak Elle, the only person this friend knew from the list of comedians was Maz Jobrani and I was like, why is this Iranian so famous? and my answer was this video. Despite the fact I was trying hard not to laugh because he was making fun of Ahmadinejad, I succumbed because his words really were funneh and made light to serious topic such as homosexuality!
This video came next, nailed it and I was sold to stand-up comedy! Because tomato juice really sucks. I tried it once on board a flight in German and it was like chugging down the tomato puree you use to make bolognese, urgh..
I was then rubbing my palms, all excited to listen to these guys in person, haha.
FOURTH
This is all said in the previous post. Sort of like in debate, where understanding the issue at hand will promise you a more enjoyable time extorting your brain and thrashing people. Somewhat applies to stand-up comedy as well :)
I tweeted this before I went out of the house to meet them that night.
Semoga dapat pahala bersaudara, belajar benda baru dan macam-macam lagi kebaikan. Go!
Well I'd say as long as you have something bigger to achieve, what is the harm of a night out with them? And my intentions that night were:
1- spend time with Kak Elle and maybe charm her into treating me to her infamous Mee Udang.
2- expand my circle and catch up with the other guys!
3- do something For The First Time
4- learn something new
5- macam-macam lagi kebaikan (lol)
FIRST
It was Kak Elle who was so excited at the prospect of meeting her Abang Jobrani and she invited some of us to join her. No one replied positive to that group message (not even me. I'm not familiar with stand-up comedy) that Kak Elle had to ask again.
Obviously I have soft spot for her (ecece) and I knew that bitter feeling of having to put out your passion because you're the only one in it, so I asked dad for permission. Granted, I replied yes to Kak Elle despite knowing nothing to expect from that event. Let's just say I was blindly following her to the abyss of the end of the world haha.
The others followed suit after some coaxing from the
Actually what I really wanted was her Mee Kuah oh Tuhan sedapnyeeee~
SECOND
These people are not in my everyday circle of people I meet (they are seniors and Ain Shams students) plus they are famous chic vogue people which I am not. Why not go make merriment, hang out and spend time together? I will definitely learn new things and see different perspectives and God knows maybe I can be of great insight to them as well, haha :P
Turn it into a field trip and it will be most beneficial for my anthropological observations! Life is an experiment! (I am such a nerd :B )
| This is Acap and Kak Elle told him to babysit me. He is a cool rather quiet guy thus I was left to play on my own :( LOL |
THIRD
This is my first time attending a live stand-up comedy. I didn't even know who the comedians are, what to expect, etc. Technological development granted everything the ease to be Googled and Wikied and Youtubed nowadays but that is too much of a bulk information for a newbie like me.
So I resorted instead to asking people and like Kak Elle, the only person this friend knew from the list of comedians was Maz Jobrani and I was like, why is this Iranian so famous? and my answer was this video. Despite the fact I was trying hard not to laugh because he was making fun of Ahmadinejad, I succumbed because his words really were funneh and made light to serious topic such as homosexuality!
This video came next, nailed it and I was sold to stand-up comedy! Because tomato juice really sucks. I tried it once on board a flight in German and it was like chugging down the tomato puree you use to make bolognese, urgh..
I was then rubbing my palms, all excited to listen to these guys in person, haha.
FOURTH
This is all said in the previous post. Sort of like in debate, where understanding the issue at hand will promise you a more enjoyable time extorting your brain and thrashing people. Somewhat applies to stand-up comedy as well :)

2 comments:
This is like a paid advertisement for "Kak Elle and her infamous Mee Udang". LOL
i've only heard rumours of it actually :D but the MEE KUAH is to die for!! \(^_^)/
Post a Comment