In a case of peritonsillar abscess (quinsy), when the fever gets hectic, pain is throbbing, edema is pitting and aspiration brings out pus, incision and drainage is indicated. The patient is in agony and immediate relief comes when you incise the bulge that is causing him so much pain and drain out the collected pus.
Relief him off his pain first, then proceed with whatever you want to do next.
I think when a girl cries because of any problem, it is the equivalent of incision and drainage. It is immediate relief but the problem is still there. Solution still need to be found, work still need to be done and over with.
In the case of quinsy, the solution to the problem is antibiotics and antipyretics. And since we have this mantra "Once quinsy, always quinsy", the patient is rid of any future problems by surgically removing his tonsils a month afterward. Done and over with.
So if we apply the same principle to this.. predicament that leads me to writing this post and the sudden urge to jump off the Nile, I should cry, think of a solution and then get this whole thing done and over with.
A sound plan.
Only when you're emotionally retard, crying is really hard to do. The last time I cried I scared off my sanguinous roommate into silence haha. Thus I usually resort to something else. And that was after a blow from a respected person to my intelligence and life-priorities (and I was hormonal).
But all aside, the 'better' I feel after crying is slightly different than the 'better' I feel after any physical activity. Crying has its clinical value, I believe.
When you have something bigger to take care of, your own heartbreaks and psychological well-being can be put aside.
Updated:
Ops! I forgot I read and loved this one article before, silly me :P Don't Even Think About Giving Up Until
Relief him off his pain first, then proceed with whatever you want to do next.
I think when a girl cries because of any problem, it is the equivalent of incision and drainage. It is immediate relief but the problem is still there. Solution still need to be found, work still need to be done and over with.
In the case of quinsy, the solution to the problem is antibiotics and antipyretics. And since we have this mantra "Once quinsy, always quinsy", the patient is rid of any future problems by surgically removing his tonsils a month afterward. Done and over with.
So if we apply the same principle to this.. predicament that leads me to writing this post and the sudden urge to jump off the Nile, I should cry, think of a solution and then get this whole thing done and over with.
A sound plan.
Only when you're emotionally retard, crying is really hard to do. The last time I cried I scared off my sanguinous roommate into silence haha. Thus I usually resort to something else. And that was after a blow from a respected person to my intelligence and life-priorities (and I was hormonal).
But all aside, the 'better' I feel after crying is slightly different than the 'better' I feel after any physical activity. Crying has its clinical value, I believe.
When you have something bigger to take care of, your own heartbreaks and psychological well-being can be put aside.
Updated:
Ops! I forgot I read and loved this one article before, silly me :P Don't Even Think About Giving Up Until

No comments:
Post a Comment