First speaker for the Government was up so we were all focused to see how Paan will steer his ship. "This is panacea-" he said and I jotted down, frowning. Syaimaa' nudged me on my left, asking what he just said. I shook my head. What is this word?

Again in his reply speech he used the word again. I was using my iPod to record his speech for analysis (haha yeah I have OCD) so we borrowed Captain's iPhone and searched through the dictionary.
I typed in p-e-n-e-c-i-a. Nothing came up. Syaimaa' suggested p-e-r-n-i-c-i-a and the closest relevant to it was 'pernicious', which would have been too far off of what he meant when he was describing early marriage as.
We gave up and decided to ask him personally. The judges adjourned and I walked to the Government side with an empty note.
"Eh Paan." I started and then remembered my manners. "Assalamualaikum, apa khabar? Hehe." I was sheepish at the absurdity of the situation. I asked him about the word he used.
He smiled and took the note I passed him and wrote down 'panacea'. "It means 'solution'."
"Oh. Vocab baru. Terima kasih!" Smiled broadly and turned to leave.
"Nice to meet you too." He called out good-naturedly. I half-turned and laughed.
This, my fellow friends, is the bookworm's version of an autograph. I'm a big fan, lol.

---
Walk up randomly, offer no self-introduction and walk away after you got what you want. Very cat-like. Exactly how you make friends. Smooth Atiqah, smooth. Haha.
This debating thing is fun! I should go back to my old school and persuade the headmistress to form a debate club.
Again in his reply speech he used the word again. I was using my iPod to record his speech for analysis (haha yeah I have OCD) so we borrowed Captain's iPhone and searched through the dictionary.
I typed in p-e-n-e-c-i-a. Nothing came up. Syaimaa' suggested p-e-r-n-i-c-i-a and the closest relevant to it was 'pernicious', which would have been too far off of what he meant when he was describing early marriage as.
We gave up and decided to ask him personally. The judges adjourned and I walked to the Government side with an empty note.
"Eh Paan." I started and then remembered my manners. "Assalamualaikum, apa khabar? Hehe." I was sheepish at the absurdity of the situation. I asked him about the word he used.
He smiled and took the note I passed him and wrote down 'panacea'. "It means 'solution'."
"Oh. Vocab baru. Terima kasih!" Smiled broadly and turned to leave.
"Nice to meet you too." He called out good-naturedly. I half-turned and laughed.
This, my fellow friends, is the bookworm's version of an autograph. I'm a big fan, lol.
---
Walk up randomly, offer no self-introduction and walk away after you got what you want. Very cat-like. Exactly how you make friends. Smooth Atiqah, smooth. Haha.
"Esok jangan korang cair pulak."
-Captain's warning the day before the match to which we giggled even more, lol.
This debating thing is fun! I should go back to my old school and persuade the headmistress to form a debate club.

1 comment:
hahaha!!
yeah. debate is good. :P i'm not really interested in it after one experience. hahaha.
and actly debate really helps in improving language (all those jargons debaters like to use) and for critical thinking too (where all unexpected questions might be asked by the opposition). :D
Post a Comment