So what I do is I will imagine the whole conversation before I even talk to said person. It is predicting and presuming based on the character of the person, history of previous conversation and just because I know it will turn out like that, haha.
If the imaginary conversation end up sour, I'll weigh out whether I want to deal with such complication with patience or total ignorance.
If the imaginary conversation is just a confirmation of the things I already know, I wouldn't be wasting my time on it. Unless the purpose of the conversation was simply to have a conversation with said person, then it's a different story ;)
If the imaginary conversation is unimaginable and revolves around something factual, I will go for it. I like factual stuffs, they are more objective. But if we have a hearty matter at hand, something emotional that markedly affect the other person, I will NEVER even consider it. In this case I am akin to a pseudo-caring autistic kid who would rather take the brunt of self-conflicting emotional burden than hurt the other person. I will let sleeping dog lie.
Farah Nur said this is a very bad habit and that I shouldn't be impertinent. But I am sure I am not the only person on earth laying out best-worst case scenario. This is simply what an analyst do.

1 comment:
lol. i'd have to say you're definitely comfortable in your own skin, for now :D
Post a Comment