We were walking out of the outpatient clinic when there was a man throwing something solid at his nine years old kid. The kid was already bending over spitting his saliva out and the man reached over to smack that kid across his back.
Smacked real hard.
I was on hell by the public display of abuse and walked towards a pole near them to give it a good kick, but I realized I was in public and there were classmates behind me and... It killed me not to start a scene there.
I hate it when Egyptians hit their kids. Because they hit their kids really hard and at places you're not supposed to hit a person. Like slapping a crying kid hard across his face. Smacking a bent over kid across his back. Kicking a standing kid's legs like a football player kicking the ball off.
To make it even worse, it is a normal occurrence here in Egypt. Even the Malays are turning a blind eye at it.
We were at Hadiqah Dauliyah weeks back for our First Aid Outing and near our station was a child running loose near his family. His mother ran up to him and kicked the standing kid's legs like an NFL player's kickoff.
So the kid was naughty. That did not justify physical abuse!
I was aghast, shocked, horrified. I was clenching my fists in anger. A friend saw me hellish and told me to relax. "This is normal."
I cursed back. This could never be normal. The fact that anyone could claim it was normal made the whole situation worse.
---
When shit becomes normal, you know how ruined the society is. It is never okay to hit a kid regardless the race and country. A kid is a kid is just a kid.
I wish one day I will work out the courage and the language to interfere with some kid's upbringing.
Smacked real hard.
I was on hell by the public display of abuse and walked towards a pole near them to give it a good kick, but I realized I was in public and there were classmates behind me and... It killed me not to start a scene there.
I hate it when Egyptians hit their kids. Because they hit their kids really hard and at places you're not supposed to hit a person. Like slapping a crying kid hard across his face. Smacking a bent over kid across his back. Kicking a standing kid's legs like a football player kicking the ball off.
To make it even worse, it is a normal occurrence here in Egypt. Even the Malays are turning a blind eye at it.
We were at Hadiqah Dauliyah weeks back for our First Aid Outing and near our station was a child running loose near his family. His mother ran up to him and kicked the standing kid's legs like an NFL player's kickoff.
So the kid was naughty. That did not justify physical abuse!
I was aghast, shocked, horrified. I was clenching my fists in anger. A friend saw me hellish and told me to relax. "This is normal."
I cursed back. This could never be normal. The fact that anyone could claim it was normal made the whole situation worse.
---
When shit becomes normal, you know how ruined the society is. It is never okay to hit a kid regardless the race and country. A kid is a kid is just a kid.
I wish one day I will work out the courage and the language to interfere with some kid's upbringing.

1 comment:
same here :(
Post a Comment