Last night was the closing night for Buddy System Program and each block had to send a team of performers for the Performance Competition.
My housemate Idayu was one of them and she had been pestering me for a total of five minutes last week that I just have to cave in.
You would, too, if you saw what she did to coax me into joining.
"Ala, Atiqah," she advanced towards me contentedly minding my own business.
"Jom la join."
"Jangan datang dekat." I frowned.
"Atiqah, join la." She started that intimidating smile of her.
"Main jauh-jauh, orang kata!"
"Atiqah, join la."
"Tak nak! Ana masyghulah!"
"Atiqah, join la~"
"Tak nak! Idayu! Lepas! ARGH! Lepas! Main jauh-jauh!"
"Atiqah, join la. Dua orang lagi tak nak. Kita dua join sekali la."
"Idayu! Let go! Geli wei!"
"Join la."
"Okay, okay! Saya join! Now lepas!"
And I was free, but I lost. I started to think how lucky those two sniggering housemates (Tasnim and Hazirah) of mine were.
So you had me, one green-clad girl frowning at the prospect of her singing 'Hijau' along with ten others.
I can't believe I've landed myself into this.
Like, I know my voice is sweet but singing is just not my thing. But it's too late to back off now; I'll just dishearten the team.
So last night, we walked to Dataran Cemara and sat on the dusty ground, waiting for our turn.
I commited into memory the small crowd gathering in front of the stage. No borderline between the female and male. They squeezed among themselves, being comfortable with talking and sitting next to each other.
How sweet. If only they're married.
First block presented. I watched wearily as three white tudung-clad girls and another three free-hair climbed upon the stage claiming their mauduq as 'We're All in This Together'.
The music started.
The girls danced.
The crowd cheered. The males whistled.
I automatically stared at the ground, aghast. I need to get out of there before I wrench off any of their heads.
So I stood up, headed towards our Head of Block and said, "I'm sorry, I'm out."
And like the wind, I walked away.
Perhaps it wasn't wise at all. My departure conveyed no message whatsoever, but I just couldn't stand being there.
INTEC's over-social life is disheartening. My fragile heart just couldn't let me stare and so nothing. There is no such thing as being okay with things that should never be considered okay.
Welcome to the real world, Atiqah.
p/s: I came back to watch our block's performance. Then I went for dinner with the crowd. I'll write about it soon.

1 comment:
yeah, write soon! we want more! we want more!
and describe lagi detail pasal dance tu can? what, they do dangdut? =|
Post a Comment