We've never played Frisbee before, and lucky for us Abang Hafiz (Master Pocho-Pocho), an ADFP senior taught us our backhand during our first official practice day. After him, Kak Nadia, Kak Ili and Kak Bella (Nabila) from AL trained us for two evenings straight.
We've got great seniors, haven't we?
First it was MEP girls versus ADFP/ACTP girls. 3-2. Not bad for underdogs.
Second was MEP girls versus AL seniors who taught us. The match was fun and everyone was being a good sport.
1-6. It was masters against amateurs. I'm proud of our one score, though.
It's a good thing I'm into sports at INTEC. It's the only way to meet and greet seniors, other than say Assalamualaikum during bumps at the crowded sughoyyir-awi surau.
There is another reason why I heart those seniors of mine.
Kak Bella was among the game officers. Right before the Asar azan commence, she hailed through the hailer. "Stop the game now! Azan, azan! Everyone, stop!"
So we did. I smiled and sat quietly. Though the Chinese ADFP/ACTP students and their Malay teacher on my right did not.
Nor did some of the Russian male players in the middle of the field.
Form afar, I can see Kak Bella with her finger on her lips reprimanding the ignorant Malay boys. They shut up afterwards, though. I was looking forward to seeing their marks got deducted.
Automatically we said our prayers after the azan ended. Immediately afterwards, Kak Bella sounded the alarm for us to resume playing.
The Russian boys were still with their doa. "Relaks r, kak! Kami tengah baca doa ni!"
Dude, so slow. We rolled our eyes in unison.
The girls stayed back to watch MEP guys playing against ALG. I've to rush back to college; my futsal training starts at 5.15. Our match is tomorrow! Wah!
p/s: The end result for girls was AL first, followed by MEP and ADFP/ACTP.
MEP guys got third out of six. Not bad, not bad at all. Currently MEP is at number three, compared to last year's abysmal six. Do wish us the best in your prayers.
We got the M!
We got the E!
We got the P!
We got the M E P!
Takbir!
ALLAHUAKBAR!
-MEP girls' Frisbee chant-
We got the E!
We got the P!
We got the M E P!
Takbir!
ALLAHUAKBAR!
-MEP girls' Frisbee chant-

No comments:
Post a Comment