بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Racism Sucks

I live in Malaysia, a country with a diversity of races ranging from Malay, aborigines, Indian, and Chinese.
I suppose we live in harmony despite the current hectic crime rates and such, but you get my point.

*Sigh* Just now I played my Fire/Poison Wizard, HaruMitsui [leveled 39 now]. I was at El Nath [the Ice City] and was about to leave for the next map when I saw another character.

There was no monster in town, but his health point was decreasing by 15 each passing seconds. I suppose he was poisoned. And since I had an Antidote with me, I merely dropped one next to him and exited towards the next map without even a mere smiley face.

The cleric [Healer wizard, sort of] followed me then. I supposed he wanted to thank me.

"Erm." He said.

I replied with a smiley face. From his armours, he is at least leveled 50.

"You have scroll?" He asked.

"What scroll?"

"Orbis Tower scroll." Orbis Tower has 20 floors, but you can get to 20th floor from the first by using a teleporting scroll.

I had four, so I dropped one next to him, smiled and be off on my way.

"You gave two items to me for free?"

"Yeah."

"Here, a small gift for you." He then dropped a blue bandanna.

Bandannas are quite rare and can be very expensive depending on their colours. And the one he gave me added strength!

I picked it up. "Wah, thank you!"

"Add me as your buddy." He said with a smile. "If you need any help, you can call for me."

So I smiled and added him. As we walked towards Orbis Tower [me going down towards Aqua Road, him going up towards Orbis.], he gave me his email and asked me to add him on Friendster.

We then parted towards our respective training ground.

I happily obliged. I am good at making new friends, I suppose. So I went to Friendster and added him. He's a Chinese from Singapore.

I went back to Maple and told him of it. He thanked me and smiled.

Suddenly, he buddy chatted [means that all his buddy can read what he said].

"Jun!" He cried for another friend of his. "I am so sad! The girl that added me was a Malay! ARGH! And from Malaysia, too! T.T"

How about that? I merely grinned as I read what he wrote and sort of sweatdropped. Is that a problem? I thought God created human of different genders, races and countries for us to get to know each other.

I checked my buddy list right after that. He was offline.

Then I typed /find [character name] to track him. Sure as I had suspected, he was still online.

I should have seen this coming. When one of your buddy is offline, it is whether he really is offline or he deleted you out of his list.

Then I swiftly opened my Friendster profile and it was crystal that he had deleted me out of his Friendster friends, too.

I was... upset? Not really sure, but I do find this unpleasant.

First, it was he who wanted me to buddy him in Maple and it was he who deleted me.

Second, it was he who wanted me to buddy him in Friendster and it was he who deleted me.

It's his problem, not mine. I never thought someone living in this modern world could be so obscene-minded. I suppose I was naive.

In the end, the blue bandanna was never a gift. It was a business transaction.

1 comment:

Haru said...

Kid, for a 17 year old who shud be studying, u wrote deep. Haha

Me, 24.

Haru & Associates