I woke up yesterday to find a message in my handphone inbox. It was from Muhammad Ali Omar, or Ali-san as I call him at school. Or Hiroshi-san whenever I felt like nicknaming him.
He is a junior at school, a classmate of my sister Mir. Ali-san is a very troublesome prefect since the tasks I gave him were rarely done. I never doubt his ability as a prefect, but I do think he can do better.
He's the prefect I always complain about, apart from the Head himself, of course.
Personally, I think he's a good kid. I'm quite fond of his little sister, Hikmah, and sometimes was forced to teach her Science but I'm not complaining about it.
Ali-san is the sixth of seven siblings and his best friend is Taslim. Those two are like belangkas [Malay for... I dunno. Belangkas is a stingray-like animal living in fresh water. Never seen alone, belangkas always move in pairs.].
I wondered what the message was about.
Pray for me, please? Lately, a man passes in front of my house every night. He will look around, carrying with him a knife, charcoal and pieces of meat. Very freaking.
I read with horror. Oh my God, that is so scary!
He will yell...
SATAY! SATAY!
I smirked and laughed at the message. My, Ali-san has a sense of humour afterall.
I replied:
Right. I'll pray that the satay he sells won't temper with your diet.
He replied:
Everytime your name was mentioned, my heart will beat vigorously, for the longing I felt for
you. And my love for you will deepen, for you...
MALAYSIA.
I grinned actually, since I've been given that kind of message months ago. Nice try, haha.
I replied:
I pray to God. God, please forgive the person reading this message. He seldoms read his prayer, God, he's to busy reading messages! Amin...
He replied:
Do you think I'm handsome?
I laughed really hard.
Please tick which is appropriate:
[ ] very handsome
[ ] average
[ ] flattering himself
You replied:
[x] very handsome
[ ] average
[ ] flattering himself
Ah, thank you so much! Did I troubled you? :D
I replied:
Hmm. I think you're handsome. Alright, I'll tick for you.
[x] very handsome
[ ] average
[ ] flattering himself
You're welcome. Answering was a piece of cake. Satisfied, grandpa?
Actually, you're:
[ ] very handsome
[ ] average
[x] very flattering yourself and totally in the clouds.
I meant it as a joke. I laughed and hit Send.
He replied:
I pray to God. God, please forgive the person reading this message for she had broken my heart :( Give her Your guidance and excellency in her SPM and her life here and hereafter. Don't You darken her heart till she hurts another human being. God, You are the Most Generous Giver, amin...
My heart sank. I replied:
Oh my God, did I went too far? I'm so sorry, dear Ali, is your heart really broken? I meant it as a joke, please don't take me seriously. I'm so sorry, I never meant to be harsh. Please don't take it personally, I don't know how to handle it if you do. Thank you for the prayers, but please don't be saddened! I am so sorry.
He replied:
Apologies accepted :) Didn't take it personally, actually. Good luck with your SPM :) My prayers'll be with you till the end...
I read with apprehension. Did he mean it? Oh my, I never thought Ali-san can be that sentimental.
I replied, for good measure:
Infinity of apologies, for my...
harsh words
accidentally mad at you
asked stupid and over random questions
hit you anywhere
yelled at you
borrowed your items
called at the wrong time
sudden mood-swings
backbiting or mocking
and anything that hurts you.
Hope all are forgiven!
He replied:
Go and study. SPM is just around the corner. Okay then, Happy Aidilfitri. Assalamualaikum.
I sighed in relief. That the boy's way of saying, "Drop it. Forget it already." I replied:
Too much distraction in kampung, lol. Yeah, sure :) Okay, have a great day. Wassalam.
Looks like I have to view Ali as a better person now, not that stoic and troublesome boy he used to be.
I've a good mind to buy him some candies, but I think, that can be postponed later.
I like my juniors. Though some may give me a hell load of headaches, some can always makes me feel better. Thanks, Ali.

No comments:
Post a Comment